BravoCharlie's Paro landing challenge in 10 replay screenshots

。・: *:・゚★,。・:* :・゚☆ 。・: *:・゚★,。・:* :・゚☆。・: *:・゚★,。・:* :・゚☆ 。・: *:・゚★,。・:* :・゚☆。・: *:・゚★,。

PARO - THEY DARED AND THEY CONQUERED

There were go arounds, there were bounces but there was plenty of well oiled landing and piloting skills outstanding.

@AlphaSeven kindly organised this wonderful event that would involve 2 waves of brave pilots to take on the challenge of flying the the Batik A320-214 on the journey between Kathmandu and the famously difficult Paro and it was a pleasure to take hold of the camera for the afternoon on the ground. A superb performance was given by all pilots involved in the event and some serious skills on show.

It was a great turnout on both waves and both @AlphaSeven and myself have combined some photos to try and give a good idea of how it went down.

There are only a handful of qualified pilots to make the difficult approach in real life and today a load more have been added to the list.

Departure: VNKT (Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmanu, Nepal).
Arrival: VQPR (Paro International Airport, Paro, Bhutan).
Server: Expert.

Notes: As always, no hard editing was done to the photos, just some personal preference slight changes to the light and contrast and working with what is available – nothing fake added or taken away.

Good times

Into the skies…

Banking…

The final turn…

Almost…

Touchdown…

Whoops! Going around…

Politely waiting

Made it!

。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :

26 Likes

Some good shots there! Was gutted that I couldn’t sign up to this event but it was just at the wrong time for me. Looked a great and fun event!

1 Like

Literally… You could have stopped at picture 2. These are amazing 😀😍

1 Like

Awesome shots my dude! Man, whoever took those first 2 pictures is awesome… 😏

1 Like

Lovely shots mate, I especially love this one:

1 Like

the 2nd one… always best to me
its beautiful even the first too

1 Like