Brake by percentage

Did you read this ?

So what is?..

This would be nice to have.

1 Like

Um, guys, this already exists. Just pull down on the rudder to slow down.

I can’t do that. That’s why this would be nice

Wait, do you mean the throttle for the reversers?

It doesn’t work? Try it again and wait, some times it takes a few seconds to work

Hey cool! This is much nicer than jamming on the BRAKE square.

As far as autobrake is concerned, I noticed if I land the A320 with APPR mode left on all the way to the rwy, the BRAKE key lights up all by itself.

Moving the rudder button down works (NICE! This will make taxiing corners way easier), but it is also only binary on/off, like the brakes button. Would be great if it would be analog like the throttle.

1 Like

*logs into IF to test this rudder tip

3 Likes

Pulling down on the rudder does nothing for me, I thought this was a prank at first. Does it seriously work for some of you?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

I use IF on an iPhone 5s. this is from one of my previous replies in this very post, ‘If you drag down on the rudder, it acts as a brake. It makes sense because in real life, moving the pedals turns the rudder and pressing the top part of the pedals acts as a brake, and pressing the top part part of for example the right pedal harder over the left brakes the right set of wheels more than the wheels in the left, allowing for differential braking.’

The “top part of the pedals” are the brakes, they don’t just act as a brake.

I’m referring to a real world vs IF application scenario. Obviously IF doesn’t have pedals, so braking with the rudder mimicks the pedal/brake on real aircraft.

My thumb must be too big. I’m believing what you guys are saying, it’s just not working for me.

Some other people are reporting that it isn’t working for them as well. Might need a hotfix…

Yes! It really does! And pushing up causes it to speed up!

So that would mean this feature is already implemented and if it’s not working for some people, this should be revised and put into support.

3 Likes

This is an old topic, which our beloved moderators forgot to close. I found it while searching, as I was considering a new post for…variable braking!
Or maybe the mods didn’t close it, because it’s perhaps a good topic ;-)

I read two things here:

1. Would we like to have variable brakes. Something you can vote for. For some reason this idea collected 0 votes. Now it has mine.

2. There’re replies here that say that you can use the rudder for variable braking. What on earth is that about!? Is that a prank? My rudder can move left and right, but not down.

Replies with thoughts welcome!

3 Likes