Bottom Bar, No Pink Lines

Your Callsign

YL-TSU

Was your account linked with IFC in-app at the time of the issue?

Yes

Version Information

20.2 (465)

Device Information

Samsung Galaxy A71
Android 10

Summary

Unable to tell if this is intentional, but I’d like to say this isn’t too normal. Normally, in the bottom bar, with all of the necessary info, you’d have pink lines that would normally indicate change on the measurements that are applicable. Similar to that of trim. In this case this doesnt seem to happen. It’s nothing that’ll kill the app per se, but I do seem to use it from time to time.

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Spawn in any aircraft, preferably solo
  • Peform any action that would warrant these lines being used: Speed changes, VS changes, etc.

Expected results

Pink lines indicating an increase or decrease, as described above.

Actual results

No pink lines

More Information

A video is being uploaded. If needed, I’ll post in case of any confusion.

1 Like

Able to repo.

Device: iPad Pro 2020
IF Version: 20.02.00 (465)
IOS Version: 14.0.1

Again not sure if this was intentional or a bug.

1 Like

This is most likely intentional lol. They added an additional entry in the bottom bar, and I’m not sure if there is enough space down there for the magenta bars on some phone

I can see there being space. My phone is pretty long compared to others. Intentional or not, I dont necessarily like it, it was quite easy to see in my older and smaller phone 😂

lol actually for a coding persepctive it’s really unlike they removed the magenta bar by accident unless the bottom bar is recoded.

There were changes to the bar, which is why more items are readily available at once, on larger devices. As a result, code was most likely changed/added, and I doubt they simply pressed delete. It would be best if one of the devs could chime in on this, as I find it interesting. That said, I am able to reproduce this.

Device(s): Apple iPad mini 5th generation (11,1), Apple iPhone 11 Pro (12,3)
IF Version: 20.02.00 (465)
iOS Version: 14.0.1

I should’ve been more clear. I meant the individual components of the bottom bar.

Anyways let’s wait for someone to confirm.

I’ve said this before on separate topics, changes to code can have consequences. Sometimes other bits of code may not respond well.

Yes, I am aware. I code in .java and .php, so I am familiar with occurances where a program runs, but logistical errors occur. I was vauge with that aspect of my reply. My apologies.

1 Like

Just gonna check in with this. I’d like to see whether or not this was planned to be that way.

The bottom bar has been reworked from the ground up in 20.2 (although it looks practically identical) and this might be a side-effect of this rework. I’m not entirely sure if this is intentional but just wanted to weigh in as to why the pink lines have probably disappeared.

1 Like