Boston Logan Tower

Hey, so basically back in July I got to visit the tower at KBOS and it slipped my mind to post the pictures here, so here they are. I took these from the fire escape lol. Up in the top of the tower is all of the Boston area frequencies except Center, which I think is in Nashua, NH or something like that for defense reasons. I was lucky enough to see a magnificent A380 up close on the drive out as well, so enjoy :)

60 Likes

great pictures

2 Likes

Thanks :) All I had was my iPhone at the time, but I’m glad they turned out well

Nice! Hoping I can get a tower tor at CVG sometime. But who knows if that’ll happen…

1 Like

Just gotta get the connections. I got my way in because my dad knows a controller.

1 Like

Is that observatory still open? Or did you get into where the controllers are?

I got into the actual tower lol, I got a tour from a controller. Those pictures are from the catwalk that you can get to through the fire escape.

Nice pics! I didn’t think Emirates flew the a380 to Boston, was that just the anomaly or is it now daily?

1 Like

According to my guide it’s a very rare occurrence.

3 Likes

I used to hang out in the observatory below when I was younger. I’m not sure if that’s still there. I got to hang out with controllers at Handscom tower. That’s cool. Is there about 12 of them or so up there at one time?

1 Like

It’s actually pretty small, there’s 4-5 at a time. It’s very chill as well, one guy was wearing sandals lol

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Pictures came out awesome.

1 Like

Amazing! I love to see different types of spotting photos like the ones that you posted here! Keep it up! By the way, did you just happen to do a panorama? That would be great from the tower.

1 Like

I may have, let me see

Edit: Phone is dead, might be a bit :P

1 Like

@Jeffrey_Varga This is the only one I have, should have gotten more :P
They have cameras all around the tower which is pretty cool

2 Likes

It’s still pretty good though!

1 Like

Yeah, they have to slide down that metal roof thing in the event of an emergency though lmao

1 Like

Miss my old home a lot over in Cambridge, love this place so much and you got some awesome shots! Love the ones with the skyline too!

1 Like

One of my favorites too :) Thanks!

1 Like

That Emirates a380 looks amazing! Nice pictures.

1 Like