Boston Approach Timelapse

Boston Approach Timelapse

A few weeks ago, I took Boston Approach from @Thunderbolt after a long session of his. His app had been crashing, so for the most part, pilots were with Tower and the airspace was becoming cluttered with aircraft from all directions. I got on, sent all aircraft East at different altitudes, and picked them off, one by one, to join a large approach line onto final. Thunderbolt came back on as “Final Approach” and I maintained “Initial Approach.” This meant that I took inbound aircraft and organized them into a line, handing them off on an extended base to be cleared by Thunderbolt. This Initial/Final strategy works very well when the airspace is busy as it makes the job considerably more challenging when you have to monitor spacing and clearances on final. Enough said, enjoy the timelapse!

Click below to watch!

Boston Approach Thumbnail

16 Likes

Amazing time lapse! It seemed a little rough when you initially opened but you sorted it out quickly. Great job

1 Like

Man, I admire your talents!!! Great job!!!

1 Like

Great job !! it must have been super hard

2 Likes

This was probably before I landed because I do remember looking at liveflight and seeing Cair 5363 and Jetblue 644 Have a close landing. But Nice Job, Im sure the traffic was insane that day.

1 Like

Hell, this was a mass in the beginning. Great session. I’m not sure get to this point ever :(

1 Like

And boy, was there a mess to clean up.

3 Likes

Cool flow you had going there with traffic behind the piedmont 5959

1 Like

At least I have the guts to open something more relevant than Ljungbyhed Airport, y’know.

1 Like

Looks great and service was great on a busy night. Happy to be apart of the time lapse!

1 Like

Nah you will eventually. Practice makes perfect (or pretty good)! It takes time

1 Like