Boom Supersonic: Overture New Design.

If you haven’t already heard, Boom Supersonic had announced changes to the overall design of the Overture. While the design is seen as more suitable for the project, I wanted to know what you guys think of the new design. Is it better or worse? More efficient or less efficient? Etc. I just want input to see where many people stand in terms of the new design.

19 Likes

To me it still looks like it will be scrapped and/or will be a complete failure

7 Likes

Honestly, the old design seemed more “realistic” to me in a way, as in more achivable… but if they changed it, there must be a reason

5 Likes

I can already hear people start to complain again (as always), but I find it acceptable. Yes, now it bears less similarity with the Concorde and looks less conventional, but I honestly don’t find stepping into another direction automatically bad. I’ll have to see more perspectives before being 100% sure, though.

6 Likes

I don’t get why people complain about this stuff the company does not really care what people on ifc care

2 Likes

Concorde 2.0 is dead, now we have the Boeing 2707 2.0!

images (7)

10 Likes

Yeah I still can’t get excited about this. I’m certain that this project will end up being cancelled. Not gonna get my hopes up until this actually comes to fruition.

3 Likes

At least Boeing tried to build it unlike what it is looking like for the bOOm pLEn

2 Likes

When is the overture set for release?

I personally liked the original design better (in terms of looks), but considering the fact that they’ve probably done a lot of research to come up with this new one, I think it’s good.

Also pretty sure that Boom already got further than Boeing ever did with their heap of junk 2707, trying to rush that thing like they’ve been doing in “recent” times.

4 Likes

Oh no don’t trigger the hardcore boing fans

3 Likes

Uh oh, forgot about those people.

2 Likes

Sound the alarm

1 Like

I actually really like it. It looks less like Concorde and more like the B2707, which I think is actually really cool. Either way, I think it’s an exciting project and I look forward to seeing what happens with it in the future

2 Likes

I prefer the Old Design. It is less efficient as it has 4 engines in that Concept.

1 Like

The UNITED text being in the back 😭

2 Likes

I Know. All Airline Text is at the Front. 😭😭

Looks worse then better

1 Like

It looks too futuristic

1 Like

I Agree. Concorde looked so much cooler.