Boom Supersonic Jet - the next Concorde has arrived!

A sonic boom is a sonic boom. I don’t understand how a sound wave could be weakend if the craft is traveling faster than the speed of sound? Unless it’s flying extremely high. Living in FL, when the shuttle re-entered the atmosphere the boom would rattle windows, and that was well above FL400. Still don’t see supersonic national flights happening anytime soon

5 Likes

I think round trip Concorde tickets were $20,000 per person but I could be wrong

2 Likes

That’s a little high, early 90’s round trip from London to NY was $12K. I’m sure the price rose closer to its grounding in 03’. I’d imagine this thing to cost way more. Unless the reduction in emissions and overall maintenance is so good. Even then I’d still imagine it to be in the $5K mark depending on how quick a flight is.

1 Like

WOW!!! This is pretty cool! :)

1 Like

Thanks! I thought that it was cool so I thought to share it with the community!

The planned cost for a round trip ticket is $5,000

If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even have known about this! :)

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That comment means so much right now in high stress times.

Don’t worry! What ever is going on you WILL get through it! :)

1 Like

MaxSez: Pie in the sky! Just another start up. Great PR Team, swell grafics.
A loss leader like Concord.

3 Likes

I heard about this! It’s surreal isn’t it? I can’t believe it’s happening… and I will likely ride this in my future, and everyone here has a chance, too! Imagine the potential. It’s insane! In commercial aviation, to me, this is by far the most exciting development… ever. It’s truly a fascinating machine. A dream machine. Cheers to all the hard working people at Boom!

2 Likes

I will likely ride this in my future also! Maybe we will see each other onboard.😂

1 Like

Wow! This is going to be great!

1 Like

I really hope this succeeds and they manage to have quieter engines. Remember that Concorde was restricted to only oceanic flights because of the noise it generated as it cruises.

2 Likes

After several notable events on early 2000s decade. I doubt these supersonic aircrafts will stay for a long time unfortunately

Airlines don’t find these aircrafts feasible for their operation with the current market model (Efficiency > Speed). Owning a supersonic aircraft is like craving for death on fuel crisis and people don’t want to take super-expensive flights with supersonic aircrafts now. Most of the Jetsets people have Private Jet nowadays so I’m sure there won’t be many people who want to take a Concorde flights. The aviation world has changed rapidly now so I think it’s pointless to have another supersonic aircraft unless you want to have it as a collection. Supersonic aircrafts have high maintenance and operating costs which most airlines tend to avoid that nowadays. In the end, most airlines favored lower operating costs over a marginal increase in speed

This is actually the reason why SonicCruiser’s plan was abandoned and changed into the more fuel-efficient version of 787

4 Likes

It’s gonna end up like the Concorde

Supersonic .
Boom
🔥

4 Likes

There was a nice video made by Real Engineering that explains the engineering behind the jet, you prabobly want to see it.

5 Likes

cough cough FAA cough cough

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the video!

This has gone much further than most SST projects in recent history. Let’s see if the company can actually develop a jet. “Tens of millions of dollars” isn’t much to develop a SST from.

2 Likes