Boom Supersonic Jet - the next Concorde has arrived!

A company called boom supersonic is planning to bring the Concorde back to life! They say that this new supersonic plane is already cutting 75% operating costs from the Concorde while traveling 10% faster. Even Richard Branson has been put down for 10 supersonic jets. Tell me what you think about it.
Read it for your self here:

17 Likes

There was another topic a few months back on this for you to also look at:

I will believe it when I see it in service.

8 Likes

I wonder if this supersonic plane will fly across county like LAX-JFK

Not unless the FAA changes its policy. Highly unlikely.

11 Likes

I doubt it. This’ll probably conduct international flights such as JFK-LHR, etc; but who knows!

2 Likes

I think somewhere they said it is quiet enough to do these kind of flights!

I’m sure that’s not an aspect their worried about to be honest ;)

I think right now all they are worried about is making it fly.

It’s the supersonic boom. With Concorde they could only go supersonic above the ocean as the boom would smash windows and cause damage, of course this was only realised after which affected further orders for the aircraft.

7 Likes

This was talked about a long time ago. Probably won’t become a thing.

2 Likes

The first flight is next year though!

2 Likes

It will probably only be used for business over long distances, and only over oceans. I really doubt it will be put into commercial service with the restrictions.

2 Likes

How can we be sure it’ll happen?

2 Likes

I’m as sure it will fly soon as the A380 will end production soon.

Just saying… remember how everyone doubted to the 747 and it became one of the most (if not the most) successful long-range airliners in the 1970’s? I’m not saying that this plane will definitely become very successful, but to everyone above me who is claiming it likely won’t happen, don’t be so quick to jump to conclusions please. At least provide reasoning+evidence as to why you believe it won’t happen. :)

2 Likes

I honestly hope it does fly but at the same time I hope the A380 and the 747 will still fly.

2 Likes

They are most likely to become cargo planes

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately the 747 I guess will just be a cargo carrier.

3 Likes

This thing will only fly over open water. And if it does end up doing national flights (which I highly doubt considering the hyperloop will probably take over at some point) it won’t be going supersonic, based on (as someone stated) the sonic boom shattering windows. Props if it goes into production, but don’t expect to ride one. Did anyone see the going rate for Concorde tickets when it was flying??

3 Likes

It is supposed to have a decreased sonic boom noise

1 Like