Boom Overture

Boom Overture

You may have heard of a new supersonic aircraft in development called the Boom Overture. It is the next Concorde but more efficient and advanced. United Airlines has made a purchase of 50 of these aircraft to fly for the airline in 2029. United and Japan Airlines are also helping increase the development rate of the aircraft. The first aircraft of the type will be built next year and rollout will start in 2025.

Flight Times

Flight times on this aircraft will be almost cut in half by this new piece of technology!

Departure Destination Current Fligh Time Flight Time on Overture
New York London 6:30h 3:30h
San Francisco Tokyo 10:15h 6h
Madrid Boston 7:30h 3:30h
Singapore Dubai 7h 4h
Los Angeles Seoul 12:45h 6:45h
Tokyo Seattle 8:30 4:30
Paris Montreal 7:15h 3:45h
Los Angeles Sydney 14:30 8:30

Specifications

Passenger Capacity Cruising Altitude Carbon Output Length Speed Range
65 - 88 FL600 / 60,000 ft. Net-Zero 205 ft. Mach 1.7 4250 nautical miles

⬆ All source information is from here. ⬆

Do they have any pictures of the cockpit? Because I assume it will be easier to make than the Concorde because it’s more modern.

4 Likes

They do not, yet

2 Likes

Aight.

This is the second start of supersonic future, so we should have this addition.

4 Likes

I didn’t know the capacity count for the Overture would be lower then a CRJ-1000, makes me think that ticket prices are going to very or extremely high.

Also wouldn’t expect this aircraft to be released even during 2029.

4 Likes

You have better chances getting this in the game by adding it to your Santa wishlist

11 Likes

I would love to see it on IF! Sadly I don’t have more votes :(

Also, I think it’s a bit early to make a feature request for this plane (just my opinion.)

1 Like

Hey! I was wondering if someone had made a feature topic for this! While very, very, very unlikely I do always hope for the possibility of adding a supersonic aircraft. Since the Concorde has 0 chance, I’m crossing my fingers on this one!

1 Like

I would love to see this aircraft, there are already orders for the plane so I think that it awaits us in the future

1 Like

Especially since they have finally secured an engine manufacturer!

3 Likes

This will sort an unsorted array successfully before you get this added.

3 Likes

I really want this plane!

1 Like

Definitely should not be added until it is actually put in production, a simulator is about realism, and we can’t have a plane that isn’t even a thing yet.

6 Likes

For this, I think it would be like the Concorde, which had its feature request closed.

1 Like

I think its less complicated

1 Like

A perhaps interesting reality check on boom, is to search for other past promising technology proposition companies with seemingly multiple well established financial backers, and charismatic insiders able to make connections and sell a compelling idea, yet that ultimately failed to bear fruit. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but it’s sometimes useful to go through such a known list and say, what made it not work for them, that this case no such obstacles could stand in the way of their ultimate success.

I’m not necessarily down on the feature request. Just trying to have various perspectives as a way to frame irl risk.

1 Like

How come they can’t make the concorde, when they can make a fighter jet? is it because of the interior?

1 Like

And for the Overture, we should wait until we get an update for the interior or until the plane is in full production.

1 Like

Let’s wait until it actually flies and enters commercial service.

3 Likes

this is why they aren’t making it or considering it. it’s vastly different than a fighter jet

4 Likes