Bombardier Global 7500

Source: Bombardier

Introduction

Caption credit to Wikipedia

The Bombardier Global 7500 is a ultra long-range business jet developed by Bombardier Aviation (formerly Bombardier Aerospace). Announced in October 2010, the program was delayed by two years by a wing redesign. The 7500, originally named the 7000, made its first flight on November 4, 2016, was type certified by Transport Canada on September 28, 2018, and entered service on 20 December 2018. Based on the Global 6000 with a new transonic wing, the longer, four-zone cabin 7500 has a range of 7,700 nmi (14,300 km), while the shorter three-zone 8000 was to reach 7,900 nmi (14,600 km).

Announced in October 2010, the jet was initially scheduled for introduction in 2016 for the 7500. In 2015, Bombardier decided to redesign the aircraft’s wing and, along other development challenges, delayed the programme by over two years. The goal of the redesign was to reduce the wing’s weight without altering its aerodynamic profile. The aircraft fly-by-wire system architecture is based on the CSeries one. The airframe will use Aluminium-lithium alloys like the new airliner.

Why the Bombardier Global 7500?

Bombardier Global 7500 Features

Caption credit to Bombardier

”The Global 7500 aircraft stands alone as the world’s largest and longest range business jet. Within its luxurious interior are four true living spaces, a full size kitchen and a dedicated crew suite. Elevate your flight experience and discover the uninhibited freedom and tailored luxury of the Global 7500 aircraft—a new class of business jet.”

Range

An industry-leading 7,700 nautical mile range connects some of the world’s most expansive city pairings, including routes such as New York to Hong Kong and Singapore to San Francisco.

Speed

GE Passport engines, designed specifically for the Global 7500 business jet, power it to a top speed of Mach 0.925 with dependable reliability and improved fuel efficiency.

Field Performance

Remarkable steep approach support will make the Global 7500 jet the largest business aircraft to access London City Airport. Combined with exceptional braking, the field performance of the Global 7500 rivals that of much smaller aircraft.

Smooth Ride

A cutting-edge wing design with outstanding wing loading enables the Global 7500 aircraft to deliver the industry’s smoothest flight for a ride quality that is simply unmatched in business aviation.

Cockpit

Experience the industry’s most spacious cockpit with the latest Bombardier Vision flight deck on the Global 7500 aircraft. Featuring advanced fly-by-wire technology, superior aesthetics, and equipped with a permanent side-facing jump seat, the Global 7500 jet maximizes crew comfort and efficiency.

Bombardier’s proven fly-by-wire system has been engineered with intent to maximize safety through a balanced design that combines control input freedom with the security of the industry’s most complete flight envelope protection.

Aircraft Specifications

Courtesy of Bombardier

Specifications Amount
Cockpit Crew 4
Seating Up to 19
Length 111.17 ft / 33.88 m
Wingspan 104 ft 0 in / 31.7 m
Height 27 ft 0 in / 8.2 m
Cabin Length 54 ft 5 in / 16.59 m
Cabin section 8 ft 0 in / 2.44 m width, 6 ft 2 in / 1.88 m height
Engines General Electric Passport (18,920 lbf (84.2 kN) Thrust)
Range, maximum 7,700 nm / 14,260 km
Cruise speed (typical) Mach 0.85 (488 kn)
Cruise speed (maximum) Mach 0.925
Takeoff 5,880 ft / 1,792 m
Landing 2,520 ft / 768 m
Maximum Ceiling 51,000 ft
Maximum takeoff weight 114,850 lb / 52,096 kg
Maximum fuel capacity 51,503 lb / 23,362 kg
Maximum Payload 5,800 lb / 2,631 kg
Wing Area 1,254 sq ft

Videos

Landing, Up close, Taking off
Informational
What it’s like to fly
Takeoff, cockpit
Landing, cockpit
Cabin

This is the new and improved upon thread to replace the older one that was closed and had less information.

Amazing that this hasn’t been requested yet, you have my vote!

What can I say, other than “Yes, please?” Man, I want a new bizjet in IF so bad, would be killer if it could be something like this. It’s such a good looking plane too. Great feature request!

1 Like

There’s a few that I would love, this is definitely one of them!

1 Like

Yes, we need pure Canadian Jets. We also are not full of Business Jets. This a great addition.

Thanks a nice looking plane. Voted!

Unexpected Bump

😍

2 Likes

Got my vote 🗳 IF needs more jets in there fleet.

You got my vote too!

Gstaad has such a beautiful approach! Especially when flown by the Global 7500. There is a great video of the approach flown by a Dassault Falcon on Youtube. What is your opinion on the aircraft of Dassault Falcon?

Another fantastic aircraft. Nearly at 10 now 🗳👏🛩

2 Likes

Just what i wanted
I cute little boi that can go in very long distances
To view all

a w e s o m e s c e n e r y in one flight
Make this available for non pro plz

Satisfying picture :)

3 Likes

It’s quite a purty biz jet.

1 Like

I forgot to mention it has dual head-up displays.

Imagine having a live cockpit in the CRJ series with the addition of the 7500.

2 Likes

YYEESSSS I don’t want to be using the crj all the time pretending it’s a Global jet. Want this business jet.