Bombardier CSeries/Airbus A220

See the plot twist? Why would a Brazilian airline order the A220 when there’s the home-made E2 to get?

1 Like

I am not gonna start the argument again which is better, but if you ever have the chance to (e.g. if you are in America) use it! You will be surprised, and I honestly prefer the A220 over the ERJs (flown on Austrians E195LRs about 20 times), but thats up to everybody himself.

Those seats look no wider than your typical coach seat. Not to mention that they probably have little to no cushion whatsoever. And if they do it’s extremely firm.

That’s such a nice interior.

Afraid I’ll never get to fly it in real life but flying it in Infinite Flight might do the trick.

Honestly JetBlue made a really good design choice with that, so simple yet so great. Looks very comfy as well.

Well they are at least a chunk wider than normal plane seats, so that means you get less than a coach seat on airplanes normally? Never noticed

1 Like

But maybe with airBaltic? (Based on your location) If you fly Swiss the experience will be even better!

Keep in mind that this is the cabin of a close to low cost carrier. This also shows the desired cushion in a headrest version @ClassicAirlinerLover

1 Like

Not a fan of the “ALL WHITE” though. Looks lazy and bland in my opinion. Not too mention a huge eyesore too. The lack of color in today’s aircraft interiors is extremely depressing.

1 Like

Well I suppose you have a little of a biased opinion on that matter, but that’s up to everyone’s taste, right?

2 Likes

Also very nice, Swiss is another option. Problem is I never really travel to the Baltic area or Switzerland.

Plus with this whole… situation right now, I probably won’t travel for another year.

Again though, very nice interior, simplistic but nice, also looks comfy. Imagine the cabin when this gets added, so amazing.

1 Like

Yeah, but the windows are actually even better! You really feel like you are outside due to the size!

1 Like

Agreed, the windows are like huge, never been on anything like it. Natural lighting is always important so it was a very good design choice.

1 Like

Let’s not forget Green Africa Airways! Green Africa airways became the biggest African Airbus customer by understandably cancelling the B737MAX and changing it to 50 A220s. They will receive their first leased A220 in the next two months, looking to start domestic operations in Nigeria at first before commencing operations all around Africa. The first aircraft will be leased so they can start with operations earlier, rather than waiting for the new A220s to be delivered.

2 Likes

In 2021 many operators will receive their first A220s including Air Senegal (source (French): Air Sénégal se posera à Lyon au printemps | Air Journal )
They will get 8 A220-300s and this would be a great addition to the game!

A third customer that will receive its first A220 soon is Air Austral:

According to Air Austral Won't Launch Airbus A220 Services Until February - Simple Flying
they plan on starting service with this aircraft in the end of February meaning the launch is only 1,5 months away. Because the A220 is a regional jet, just with a bigger range, the only known plans for routes with it will be to Mauritius. This is obviously subject to change, as more routes will be published, when we near the delivery date.

Let’s get to 950 votes Boys!

1 Like

Interesting livery and interesting logo. I think this would be a nice livery to have in IF O.O

1 Like

Soon we will be able to see it irl 😊 This is definitely one of the most exciting airline start ups this year!

1 Like

Difficult time for a new airline tho, especially when trying to build up a big fleet like this… Interested in how this plays out!

1 Like

Definitely! But the A220 showed its suitability for times like this with only up to 6% being grounded during the peak times while other airliners were grounded for 50%. Africa is also one of the markets with the biggest potential, and air traffic is always needed due to the size of countries and lack of high ways.

1 Like

Thanks guys for 950 votes! Let’s get to 960 and 1000 isn’t too far off anymore!

2 Likes

Looks like a busy day for the A220s while other aircraft types remain grounded ✈️🛫

1 Like