Boeing To Close Deal With Southwest 737 Max Order

For a while Southwest has been under decision on whether they were going to purchase the 737 Max 7 or the A220-300 because of upcoming 737-700 retirements. It looks like they have made their decision and that Southwest has chosen the 737 Max 7! The article is linked below:

11 Likes

I think that decision is a good decision due to the fact the all of their fleet is 737 800/700 so that would make an easy transition for their pilots.

2 Likes

Definitely! And also they are a low cost carrier and it is cheaper to maintain a fleet of one type of aircraft, and they will save money by only having to maintain a 737 fleet. That is how Spirit, Frontier, Southwest, EasyJet, Ryanair, etc. work.

1 Like

The 737 max is an amazing aircraft! And the wing is amazing

Credits: me
I’ve never flown southwest, but I’ve flown the max8 recently, and I’d loved it, I hope southwest takes advantage and makes a more comfortable flight experience for people who frequently do

1 Like

Nice picture!!

I’m pretty sure we all knew this was coming in some form, but its good we now have confirmation of this! Hopefully this signals the bright future ahead for Boeing and the MAX program!

2 Likes

This is just my personal preference, but I think the split scimitar winglets on the 738 and the 739 look better than the MAX’s blended winglets. Unless you were saying the wing as a whole looks good.

1 Like

Yes! Haha go away Airbus

4 Likes

Smart choice by SouthWest

1 Like

These “inside” sources are typically very accurate when coming from Reuters. Obviously, they won’t disclose the actual source to protect the leakers.

But here’s a better confirmation coming from Jon Ostrower/The Air Current:

1 Like

Why did this get flagged?

1 Like

The article is credible and it is very true information that Southwest has made their decision. Thank u, next

I agree! It will be cheaper to maintain a one type fleet.

Maintain, train, and operate. Correct! I know they wanted Airbus (A220) but that would change what has kept the airline alive. The fares are cheap because of this, so buying more 737’s will keep the low fares available to the public.

1 Like

Exactly. Nothing wrong with buying more Boeing if you already have that as an entire fleet, I don’t hear people complaining about European carriers like EasyJet that only have A320s and don’t buy Boeing

1 Like

I need to thank Southwest for choosing the 737 Max.

Seriously though, I’m glad Boeing is finally picking up. They’ve had some serious struggles in the past 2 years with the grounding of the MAX, then covid, & Airbus taking along tons of sales away… definitely sounds nice to hear more orders pouring in now & I hope they continue strong with the support of airlines like Southwest.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.