Boeing Releases New F-15 Commercial

Here’s an interesting website covering the potential upgrades that we could see in the coming years on the F-15. Highly recommend watching the video as it gives you a better appreciation for what may occur.

8 Likes

That looks so friggin cool!!!

2 Likes

Well on paper it looks plausible, but it’s all about the $$$.
Surely the rumours about restarting F22 production will put it into perspective. How many F15 upgrades or new builds vs the cost of each F22.

1 Like

Damn what a beauty 😍

I didn’t realise Boeing owned jets, I thought they just had airliners like the 787-8 or the b747

Boeing isn’t just an airliner manufacture. They develop jets, helicopters and spacecraft too.

1 Like

NIce presentation but the whole see first, shot first, kill first role cant be filled by the F-15 unless it is going against only Gen 4 fighters. A Gen 5 fighter would easily be able to get the kill on the F-15 because of the 15’s lack of stealth. Even with upgrade radar, the only threat to the Gen 5 fighter would be low frequency AA missiles, which are expensive to equip to any aircraft and the only success has come from shooting down a Gen 1 stealth attack aircraft, the F-117 in Serbia. The F-15 is great but upgrading it to this level is not worthwhile when really the only thing the aircraft will be doing is air intercepts in the US or intercepting inbound targets to the US. The F-15 has no life fighting in the skies in the air superiority arena now that Russia is beginning bulk production of their T-50s and China is beginning their J-20 production soon. The F-15 was designed as an Air Intercept and was used for Air superiority for a time but those days are over. When you have the defense radar and land based AA defenses of the US you do not need to really upgrade and Intercept like the F-15, especially when the most necessary missions the F-15 would fill are now operated by the F-22s in Alaska. I’m sorry to say the 2040C version of the F-15 will never receive funding, especially as the F-35 is still receiving funding, and unfortunately will continue to receive funding.

1 Like

(Boeing) F-22, F-14, etc.

Um the F-22 is made by Lockheed Martin and the F-14 is made by Grumman and boeing only upgrade the F-15s, A-10s, and F-18s now because they bought Douglas McDonnell

1 Like

Very true. The F-15 will probably no longer be an air superiority fighter, but probably will do great versus ground targets. Large payload caipabilites, and it is the most powerful fighter ever produced. Maybe it still has a life somewhere.

If you ask me, the US bought the wrong plane in the F-22 Raptor in the first place the YF-23 Black Widow was far superior, second, the F-15 is far ahead of any fighter Russia or China have come out with thus far. The upgrades to the F-15 seem substantial enough to continue this trend. Realistically speaking, there are not enough F-35s and F-22s, in my opinion, to be a substantial threat if what you say holds up about the Russians and Chinese. Third the F-22 and F-35 have barely seen any combat in their lifetimes, and definitely no air to air combat. The F-15 has proven itself to be a formidable foe both in the air and in ground support. The military doesn’t really want to get rid of our F-15s if they could upgrade. They do it with the C-5 and B-52 all the time. I just don’t see a scenario where the military decides against upgrading the F-15.

1 Like

I want to assume that this “upgrade” will go over into the F-15E’s as well? I see that as being the better option for Air to Ground targets, while allowing F-22’s to remain the Air to Air roll. Either way the presentation is wicked. Easily my favorite aircraft in the Air Forces fleet.

1 Like

Nice, I feel like the artillery wreck the design. It looks like it’s remote controlled with those two big vertical fins. Looking very sleek and powerful with those smooth wings and large engine intakes 👍

1 Like

I personally like the glossy black paint. I realize that it may not look like that exactly, but it would look pretty sweet if they were.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that too. It looks extra sleek with that paint. The cockpit looks so cool. The next gen fighter for sure! It’s an all rounder.

2 Likes

The F-23 was no where near superior. It lacked thrust vectoring which is essential know in new fighter aircraft. It was also far larger which is makes it more vulnerable in a dogfight. And ahead of any new fighter Russia and China have developed. So you think an F-15 could go head to head against Russia’s new T-50 stealth fighter or China’s J-20 stealth fighter? Son do a little more research before naking absurd claims.

I’d like to debate with you in a calm respectful manner, and in turn, you and I may learn something. I might be able to grasp an understanding of the other side of the argument too. If you would like to, please PM me and we can continue, so as to not draw this conversation off topic.

2 Likes

The Su-27 family is pretty much on par with the F-15 family in terms of performance and capability, so I wouldn’t go so far as saying ‘far ahead’ :p

The SU-27 family is basically designed around the F-15. Albeit the Russians have surpassed the F-15 when it comes to maneuverability, but that’s about where the buck stops. Sure the SU-37 and SU-34 may be more formidable, but I think if this update is implemented then it would make the Russians job even harder.

Imagine if all air forces replaced their whole fighter fleet with these! They’d all be equally revolutionary and as powerful as each other! And Boeing would be busy.