Boeing might revitalise the 767

Numerous reports stated that Boeing sees increasing interest in the 767 again. What do you guys think? Does it make sense until a 797 might launch in the future?

11 Likes

The 767 and 757 were so popular it would make sense if they revitalized both to be like the 787 or 737max that would definitely make airlines interested.

4 Likes

Can we redo the 764 boeing?
Thank you tho i love the 767

Cheaper and faster alternative than making a whole new aircraft. Makes sense in my book.

12 Likes

I guess this is like the 787-3 idea that got shot down?

3 Likes

I’m in full support as long as they don’t put that hideous raccoon paint on the cockpit windows.

3 Likes

I think it makes perfect sense. From my understanding the 767 is still quite efficient, affordable and still very popular.

3 Likes

Airlines are looking for a mid range aircraft, reworking the 757 / 767 only makes sense, as I’m starting to see those aircraft everywhere.

I’d love to see them with some new engines and split scimitars, or curved wings like the 787.

5 Likes

What if they had both depending on the operation type you choose?
ie. Short range has the splits and long range has the curved.

1 Like

It would be very nice to see the two aircraft come back into production. Currently the only aircraft that can compare to the 75 is the A321.

This would seem like a convenient aircraft to revitalize for them considering it’s been under a microscope for the KC-46 refueling program. I’m sure many avionics and efficiency advancements have been made so why not just slap them on a new passenger B767 variant.

It’s a great way to get a return on time that’s been invested into another program.

14 Likes

Does the 787 not replace the 767? Understandably the range is much longer but isn’t it the twin engine double aisle successor?

1 Like

The smallest 787 is the same size as the largest 767, so the overlap isn’t very much.

2 Likes

They should do what they done with the 737 and create a new version, a “max” version with new technology incorporated into a 767-300

2 Likes

Well the 787-8 has a typical capacity of 240 passengers, while the 767-300 in a 3 class layout can hold 260 passengers. Both have larger models (787-8, 767-400ER). Don’t they seem pretty on-par in terms of capacity?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what they did. That type of design is very effective and efficient.

2 Likes

I don’t see the 767 needing revitalising. It has been replaced by the 787. The 757 is the important one, thats why they are practically revamping it in the 797

5 Likes

I hope they revitalize the 767 as it’s kind of a forgotten and unused aircraft now. Maybe they could use it for better efficiency on medium haul routes? Not sure why they need to make new versions of this aircraft

Yeah I was very excited when I heard this earlier this week ;)
One of these airlines based in the US is very smart. Once they have retired all their passenger 767s they’ll convert them into 767Fs for other airlines, and replace them with 797s or something similar.

I don’t think this will happen considering Boeing is working on the 797. I watched a video on it by Wendover Productions. Company’s are looking for a replacement for their aging 757s and the Boeing 797 is going to be that medium haul to long haul type of aircraft. Although it would be interesting to see the 767 revitalized. Will keep an eye out for any updates on the situation.

1 Like