Boeing Landings

I find Airbus planes very easy to land smoothly, but smaller Boeings are very hard to land. I couldn’t find a tutorial. 737s, 747s and 757s are all very hard, can someone give me some tips? That would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

They are pretty much the same in terms of characteristics. Are there any specific things that you are struggling with?

When I flare, I always get a tailstrike, or I keep on having terribly hard landings. And if I do butter, I’ve overan the runway.

Going on with that @Thunderbolt said, you can find most of the airbus aircrafts in game (specifcally the A320 Family, A330, and A350) updated with more realistic physics. They are the latest aircrafts to be reworked/added into IF with Instruments and very realistic physics.

You can however vote for the 737 and 757 reworks, but right now they are updateding the physics, instruments, and a lot more featrues on the 77 Family of Aircrafts!

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I didn’t know that!

2 Likes

So essentially what your saying is that it’s not anything he’s doing but instead the dev’s fault?

It has to be partially my fault, I’m not the best lander, but I still find landing much harder than Airbus.

1 Like

fair enough lol

But in general, I can butter the 787, 757 and 767, but not the 737, 747 or 777

It’s not about fault. Overtime games develop. :)

They added the boeing into the game the same way they added the Airbus’s. It’s just that overtime they probably found more information (not too sure) and realistic data to rework the Airbus’s and update their physics. The Boeing 737 got a soft rework last year, and the 777 will get a full rework this year, especially in terms of physics. A full 737 rework may come sooner or later, along with older aircrafts in the IF fleet.

1 Like

Is the 717 ever going to get a rework, I have never ever buttered that aluminum tube.

I just feel like the development is super slow on stuff like this that is critical to the game.

But it takes a lot of work, nobody can be mad at them. They are ensuring that we have the best experience on IF, and they have done just that!

1 Like

The longer it takes, the better it gets :P

1 Like

Boeing’s and Airbuses are very different in terms of performance and handling. Boeing aircraft are for a more “hands on and manual” experience. Whilst an Airbus is for more “computer flies the plane and you sit by and watch”.

I personally prefer the Boeing aircraft because I feel that in order to truly feel the aircraft, you actually need to be flying the plane as opposed to the plane flying itself the majority of the time.

2 Likes

All the planes feel slightly different, I’d say really focus on trying to nail the touchdown zone and centerline if you don’t already nail that every time, then try to get the FPM down…

Same here, I have always loved the feel of Boeing Aircraft, I can’t wait until I learn how to butter them!

1 Like

Well in the end you control Boeing’s and Airbus’s the same way in IF 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

If you want a better analogy, think of the two like George Carlin’s “Baseball and Football” bit. Both are very different in so many aspects.

1 Like

Yes, however the fly-by-wire on Airbuses is electronic. While the Boeing’s are hydraulic controlled, which is more manual.

2 Likes