Boeing KC-46A Pegasus

Hey fellow IFC members, today I want to request a new variant of the Boeing 767. I thought this would be a wonderful addition to Infinite Flight because Aerial Refueling is confirmed for the KC10, so it can also be on the KC-46A Pegasus.

Overview

The Boeing KC-46 Pegasus is a military aerial refueling and strategic military transport aircraft developed by Boeing from its 767 jet airliner. In February 2011, the tanker was selected by the United States Air Force (USAF) as the winner in the KC-X tanker competition to replace older KC-135 Stratotankers. The first 18 combat-ready aircraft are scheduled to be delivered to the U.S. Air Force in early 2018 under the terms of the development contract.

Operators

• JASDF
  • USAF

Specifications
General characteristics

• Crew: 3 (2 pilots, 1 boom operator) basic crew; 15 permanent seats for additional/optional air crew members, including aeromedical evacuation crew members
  • Capacity: seating for up to 114 people, 18 463L pallets, or 58 patients (24 litters, 34 ambulatory)
  • Payload: 65,000 lb (29,500 kg)
  • Length: 165 ft 6 in (50.5 m)
  • Wingspan: 157 ft 8 in (48.1 m)
  • Height: 52 ft 1 in (15.9 m)
  • Empty weight: 181,610 lb (82,377 kg)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 415,000 lb (188,240 kg)
  • Fuel Capacity: 212,299 lb (96,297 kg)
  • Maximum Transfer Fuel Load: 207,672 lb (94,198 kg)
  • Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney PW4062 turbofan, 63,300 lbf

Photo

Links

This is not associated with the Boeing 767 Rework

If you love this feature request, If you can, please click on that Blue Vote Button in the top left corner of your screen!

See my other feature requests for Military aircraft.

Don’t forget,

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!

This should be associated with the 767 rework because this plane is based on the 767-200. So far we only have the -300.

2 Likes

This thread stayed open even though its associated with the 767 Rework. Plus, threads like those don’t get much attention like the a330 Rework

1 Like

But he got permission from a moderator.

1 Like

JASDF isn’t an operator of KC-46A, the tanker they have is KC-767 which Italian Air Force is also operator of. KC-46A is based on -200LRF (long range freighter) combined with -300F wing and -400er cockpit. KC-767 is just based on -200ER.

Maybe developers will include KC-767 along with KC-46A in 767 rework sometime in future.

1 Like

Ooh yes! Great plane! I’m very surprised I haven’t seen this request before. Definitely something I’ll vote on.

1 Like

I was about being post about that, but after research, I discovered that JASDF is the only other country with KC-46s on order, which is likely where he got that from.

And you just beat me to this, had one in the works :( Probably couldn’t have done any better myself anyways.

1 Like

This would be awesome to have with a 767 rework :)

1 Like

You are correct, it’s a 767 variant however they’re completely redesigned airframes with the main commonality being the exterior look (minus the boom hanging out the back).

1 Like

Mmm I guess so… Completely off topic but ur profile pic looks great

2 Likes

Haha thanks bud! Needs updating soon.

1 Like

Have been loving this aircraft ever since it was designed, but it is a definite now that I have flown the KC-10 in IF. Let’s give this plane some love!

1 Like

http://www.boeing.com/defense/kc-46a-pegasus-tanker/

The KC46 tanker has just received FAA certification.

2 Likes

Just saw this today in Everett. Here is my vote!

1 Like

Much appreciated. Hopefully, this can be the next aerial refueler next to the KC-10.

1 Like

Yea beautiful piece of engineering. Saw it do 6-7 touch and go pattern circuits today. Then TO/GA sounded amazing when it was going back up!

1 Like

The Air Force Base has KC-46s and KC-135s. Would love this AC

1 Like

If you ever pass by Boeing Field or Paine Field, you can see a bunch of these.

I would like to see this aircraft!

1 Like

Pretty cool aircraft.

This aircraft is the future of air refueling and should be added. Also the KC-135 should also be added seeing that the airforce plans to keep it flying for a hundred years.