Boeing E-4B "Doomsday Plane"

Many people know about the famous VC-25 aircraft. However, this plane is just as important, possibly even cooler with more cool features and has many unique capabilities. But what is it?

About the plane
The Boeing E-4B is essentially the plane that should, God forbid, Doomsday shall come, the US government shall hop on and command the US from it. It has a unique analogue cockpit with just 2 glass displays and a navigation station. It’s interiors also are unique in that it less resembles a plane and instead the whole interior is set up to be able to command the country. It is also designed to be able to carry up to 182 passengers and crew on board, and has refueling capabilities.

How I think that this would be implemented
The plane would probably have to be a separate model due to the differences. The cockpit would be similar to the current VC25 and 747-200 cockpits, but it would also have the navigation station and the 2 glass displays, and the refueling bump at the top. These would be the major differences, but it would also have the features from the DC10/MD11 and the CRJ update. It would have the new gear and steering mechanism, opening doors, refueling capabilities, high quality cockpit, and perhaps most exciting of all, an interior similar to the CRJ. It would be unique in that we would have views likely from the lower and upper deck, and the interior that simulates the look of all of the computers and such. No, you wouldn’t have the ability to control the USA xD xD xD but it would have the same look on the inside, which would definitely look great at night.

Why this would make a great addition to IF
This is one of the most unique planes in the USAF, and has so many capabilities and potential. Many people would love it’s unique interior and cockpit, and it’s refueling capabilities and range means that there are so many missions and possibilities out there. Plus, this adds on to the military section of IF, which needs more planes and reworks. Overall, this is a plane that people would love to fly, to have, and is just so cool. Plus, the livery isn’t too shabby either ;)E_4b
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4

It would be nice if i can control the whole usa with this jet :)
Jokes aside, i think it will be a great addition to IF… but i wont vote for it because there are other things that needed to be done first

3 Likes

Incredible request, would love to see this plane in IF! Except for one thing… we are talking about a plane that has the ability to control one of the most powerful countries in the world. How on earth is the IF team supposed to get an interior idea! Top notch request and I would vote for it if it weren’t for the fact that that I mentioned earlier.

1 Like

It’s very cool! Perhaps add ‘Doomsday Plane’ to the title as it’s widely known as that.

2 Likes

There are pictures aviable of the E-4B’s interior that FDS could implement.

Saw one of these babies factory new sound test flights at KAUS. It was doing pattern flights and it flew right over us!

2 Likes

I could see this having a similar issue as the A350 does now with not having enough info, I doubt the US gov is running around telling people about this…

1 Like

Well, we have enough info for the VC25 and F22, so, you never know ;)

1 Like

Ya, but is this not the plane ware no one eaven knows where it is since that is classified?

58 I believe that it is known that it is always at an airport nearby that of Air Force 1.

1 Like

Hu, well you lean something new every day, personally I don’t wanted this enough to remove a vote, but I see why some would want it, good luck! 👍🏻

2 Likes

I just recently saw it on final three times plus it on the ground at Wright Patt.

1 Like

Tracked this on ADS-B multiple times. You got a vote, from me. I think they store one at Wright-Patt, @PJ_DeBusk.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they had more than one.

There are 4 built. I’ve only tracked 2. One of them once, and the other a few times.

2 Likes

Or maybe have the sharks teeth painted on the front?

The E-4Bs don’t have those painted on, as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah, was kind of kidding.

1 Like

@Cbro4, one is always at Depot maintenance for upgrades major work; they’re rotated out. Some were also damaged recently due to a tornado. Seen a few in my lifetime :) Worked with them alot when I was USSTRATCOM. The E4B , 4 of them are assigned to the 1st ACCS, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, NE. Aircrews are assigned to the wing but mission positions filled by STRATCOM.

During the Cold War is was called NEACP (National Emergency Airborne Command Post) “Kneecap” and now NAOC ( National Airborne Operations Center)

They still perform alert missions. Together with the E-6 Mercury for TACAMO and STRAT ABNCP missions

2 Likes

This has definitely earned my vote.

1 Like