Boeing Considers Ending Production of 747

It’s a very well built plane which has very good efficiency. Most airlines that fly internationally have these. It’s a shame they are considering discontinuing them.

1 Like

but you don’t see a black trail coming out of the engines so blatantly on every aircraft

1 Like

How about there 747-8. I’m sad now. It was the first jumbo jet I think and made a long way till these days with knew technology.

Fro some reason I always thought that the 747-400 looked really weird compared to the -8.

In quantity. Emirates ordered over 100 if my memory serves.

1 Like

It sucks, but I don’t really mind. The 747-8 is the only 747 I like.

2 Likes

If they discontinue it, they need to have a A380-like plane.

3 Likes

Does anyone think that if Boeing had the 748 project before the 787 project that it could’ve stuck around for a little longer? And did anyone else noticed the article kept using 777 pictures instead of the 747?

1 Like

No surprise here.

The 747-8 was finished anyway when the 777-9 came out. And even the freighter is selling at a lukewarm pace.

1 Like

RIP 747 1970-2016

5 Likes

No they don’t, the demand for jumbo sized planes is quite weak, so Boeing should continue instead with the 777X, a more economical near replacement for the 747.

2 Likes

Guys keep in mind that the Boeing is only considering this, it’s not actually happening, atleast for now. Airbus’s A380 is being dis-continued, due to low sales (which is just as unfortunate as this) but who knows, a cease of production for the A380 could turn airlines back to the 747, and the replacement of alot of older 747’s could mean that 747 sales will boom again.

This is like what got Boeing jump started… Don’t you dare touch the queen’s production line!!! 😡😡😡

I really liked the 747 series but every Boeing supporter just has to admit that the Queen of the skies has lost to the Airbus A380…

2 Likes

To be fair the 747 brought aviation to the masses, a pretty big achievement, and if it never existed we may never have seen the a380

1 Like

How sad that the mythical ends 747 I myself flew last year 747-400 EL AL was very fun plane to fly him in my opinion is the best aircraft ever produced just sad to see it to end
However the much liked 747-8 aircraft is not nice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.