Boeing and Embreaer anounce “strategic partnership”

Just announced on Boeing’s official Instagram:

Boeing has announced an 80% take on Embrarers E-Jet program to intergrate the E-Jets, specifically the E2 Jets into the Boeing family line up.

The agreement allows Boeing and Embraer to strategically allign their “commercial development”

“This important partnership clearly aligns with Boeing’s long-term strategy of investing in organic growth and returning value to shareholders, complemented by strategic arrangements that enhance and accelerate our growth plans.”

The new agreement expands Boeing’s offerings with aircraft from as little as 70 seats to well over 400 seats, not only will commercial airlines benefit but also national Air Forces with the announcement of the KC-390 being improved and given some form of redesign.

All information taken from above link, I have made this post editable so any Regualars with more info can add to the post

Additional information from another report:

10 Likes

This is basically Boeing saying to Airbus “we can do it as well” after they purchased 50.01% of the C Series project. It is an interesting move and it will be fascinating to see how this plays out. I personally feel that the C Series is more of an asset than the E-Jet program but perhaps Boeing can turn that around. I guess we just sit and watch as it unfolds…

9 Likes

What a counter attack by Boeing. Hope it’ll work out well for them :)

2 Likes

Embreaer be like:
Seriously, how did Embreaer and the Brazilian Government let this happen?

9 Likes

I agree with you on that, I defiantly see more potential with the C-Series than the E-Jets

2 Likes

Yeah the Embraer isn’t anything like a Boeing aircraft, at least with the C Series it makes sense. Boeing are going to probably try and do another McDonnell Douglas

5 Likes

Hmm airbus and bombarder vs Boeing and embreaer

1 Like

I have a feeling the coming months will be quite interesting both politically and economically.

2 Likes

Agree there’s going to be some great competition

1 Like

Not sure what to make of this. I love Boeing planes but the E jets are nice little commuter/regional aircraft so it could be an asset for Boeing.

1 Like

Because the e-jet2 is failing. With Boeing’s support it very well could succeed. I think Boeing sees more potential in the e175 e2 than the e190 e2. And if Boeing took that and added what they did to the MAX it could very well be one of the best regional aircraft out their. Well ahead of the Cseries.

2 Likes

This is going be interesting see play out in the future

1 Like

I wonder what Boeing rename the E aircraft to?
I hope not: Boeing 606 616 626 636 646 656 666- spooky)

1 Like

Jea5tpykU0GtKIKdYC3-Pf_nC5s_thzm3Y7Xe8ODLPg

5 Likes

I’m surprised the US government hasn’t lashed out at Airbus’ plan yet, it doesn’t seem like the kind of thing the government would allow never mind Boeing themselves

1 Like

I will just leave this here. This makes more sense than the partnership between Boeing and Embraer, I see no way to properly integrate other than to move production out of Brazil and take it over fully.
Airbus however will have far less problems plus if you take a look below you can see that Airbus clearly aren’t doing it to take over the company.

1 Like

I don’t think Boeing have completely thought it through to be honest, I fully believe it is simply retaliation.

2 Likes

I have found another quite detailed report on the “Partnership”. I will add it here and to the main post,

You have to take into consideration that Airbus just bought the C Series, not Bombardier, but Boeing literally bought the whole civil segment of Embrear. And I do think Boeing will find customers for the E2 series, and it is important for Boeing not only to buy the E2, because now they can sell the ERJ family, too, which has a seat capacity down to 37, but Airbus smallest plain, the CS100, has at least 100 seats in a „normal“ 2-class config, so for airlines looking for small jets, Boeing is the way to go (or CRJ of Bombardier, but this part doesn’t belong to Airbus).

1 Like

The thing is Embraer aircraft still aren’t up to Boeing standards for large airlines to buy them through Boeing, with Bombardier the CS300 is a new aircraft pretty similar already to what airbus offer with similar production sites and suppliers. This thing with Boeing and Embraer won’t go well unless they fully integrate everything and possibly move away from Brazil.

1 Like