Boeing Admits Falsified Documents

Today, Simple Flying put out an article about Boeing’s admittance of falsified documents relating to an Air Canada 787 Dreamliner. The article read that the Dreamliner, C-GHPQ, the one which had to make an emergency landing in Anchorage following a fuel leak on February 10, 2015, had falsified records of manufacturing. The records showed that work had been completed when it hadn’t.

Boeing disclosed the issue to the FAA themselves after finding out about the incident. Transport Canada hasn’t been too involved as the falsified records fell under FAA’s jurisdiction.

Air Canada has stated that they have checked all of their Dreamliners and have no evidence that any others have similar issues. They’ve also said that their aircraft regularly undergo thorough inspections.

In light of this, it’s not looking good for Boeing. Considering the ongoing issues with the 737 MAX, and the plant in South Carolina, this is definitely not what Boeing wants to have released.

Article obtained from @USA007. Didn’t know he was going to make a topic about it. Sorry!

18 Likes

If I am honest, I’m not suprised. It is not unheard of large corporations cutting corners to make its shareholders happy; it’s all profit maximisation to them.

It’s a good time to buy Boeing stock right now.

9 Likes

It’s unfortunate that it seems like Boeing is putting profits in front of safety, yeah. While I trust the aircraft I fly on, something as revealing as this is always scary to hear about.

5 Likes

What happened with the plant in South Carolina?

3 Likes

It looks like the Aviation bubble, it kept growing and growing and eventually it will pop. Airbus and Boeing have experienced a sever decline in aircraft orders and to be honest this was bound to happen sooner or later. Boeing especially became more concerned over making more aircraft for profit then making sure that they were safe.

2 Likes

Here’s the article linking to the investigations about Boeing’s South Carolina plant:

2 Likes

Another 787 incident after a window melted of a Turkish new 787-9? This is happening too fast for Boeing. All I could say for them now is to calm down, and start focusing on all the mistakes they have done. They shouldn’t really rush on their productions.

3 Likes

I have to wonder what will happen when that bubble does pop… it’s not like any manufacturer can replace Boeing or Airbus. They’re simply the “biggest and best,” yet Boeing seems to be cutting corners in horrible ways.

1 Like

Wow, I am shocked.
Boeing frankly needs to start paying more attention to their planes instead of cost-cuts. This will definitely have a little strain on them. Their reliability is getting worse, I hope LOTs Dreamliners and ALL Dreamliners out there are safe.

1 Like

I definitely agree. While money is obviously important, safety should always be the number one priority before anything else.

1 Like

I hope all of Boeing’s planes in general are safe. While I know they most likely are, as I said, it’s never fun to find out about things like this. Definitely makes one aware when they step onto a plane…

1 Like

And that folks is why Qatar doesn’t take any aircraft from that plant.

2 Likes

You already know what you did to wrong me @MrMrMan

2 Likes

The thing is they are already losing their reputation because of the Boeing 737 MAX, They need to start behaving better and telling the truth to airlines who pay loads for their planes.

1 Like

Boeing’s reputation surely isn’t too good right about now. It’s unfortunate, honestly, but they did bring it upon themselves by their actions. They just need to put safety first, and I don’t know why that’s hard to understand.

1 Like

It’s very hard to “pop the bubble”. The market for aircraft producers is very oligapolic, meaning it’s hard for new firms to enter the market. No other company, unless with huge financial support, could “replace” Boeing. I highly doubt, even if more situations where Boeing cut corners are revealed, that we will see Boeing going anywhere. Shareholders are definitely not happy. Hopefully this will cause Boeing to up its game.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s definitely true. No manufacturer could replace Airbus or Boeing as the two simply dominate the market. I don’t think anything will happen to Boeing as a company, but they definitely need to step up and stop putting profits first.

It’s more so a duopoly if you compare the nearest commotion to Airbus and Boeing.

1 Like

Maybe we will see Ocean Liners and Trains rain supreme again. After all, when aviation came the bubble for both of those “popped”

2 Likes

Gotta love taking a week to get across the Atlantic 🤣