Boeing 787 "V1" cockpit callout

I noticed the 787 has a distinct “V1” call out. It would be nice to have this put into the Infinite Flight 787 before its too late.

I know there are other topics for cockpit call outs, but this one is specific to the 787 (to my knowledge).

Check out 0:57 for an example.

45 Likes

It would be a good feature, more realistic!

3 Likes

This isn’t even in FSX, if this was put in the game, it’d be very realistic.

11 Likes

¡Fantástico! Fantastic!

2 Likes

This would be amazing 👌

3 Likes

V1 changes in every particular case. Dont think it a easy add to the sim. Would need to enter the V1 speed before every flight. I would love it but seems a little complicated

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes

That is true. Maybe they could add a part where you’d manually input it into weight & balance settings or the flight plan and you would just calculate it yourself. Would make flight plans more detailed, and they can make that sound go off whenever you hit your V speed. Though, it does seem like a lot of work for a minute feature.

3 Likes

There is a plane add on i have that has that V1 sound. It allows to to enable and disable it too

1 Like

It could just be at a rough speed depending on the Weight of your plane, it doesn’t need to be 100% accurate

3 Likes

do you know how much calculations are needed to calculate v1, vr, v2 speeds?
but this is a good idea though :D

1 Like

I know it doesn’t but as long as you get a call out it makes it seem realistic, im sure most people will be happy if it wasn’t completely accurate it would be nearly impossible to do without out it being a lot of work if you want it to be like a real one and most people would just not bother calculating it

2 Likes

What do you mean by a “contaminated runway”?

1 Like

True, a rough calculation is better than nothing though, imo atleast.

1 Like

Yes…a rough estimate based on weight…they can classify it into the three default weight categories the Vspeeds for light range Normal range and Heavy range…That’s the best they can do but at least have us the call out

1 Like

Since IF already has runway length information and aircraft weight, we just need some kinda thing that we could enter the information into so that the V1 speed can be calculated.

(The way he says “Rotate” in that video makes me laugh for some reason. 😂😂😂)

2 Likes

I agree with you. There’s alot of things in IF that aren’t 100% accurate but we still use them. In my opinion would be pretty awesome to have the V1 call out in the cockpits.

2 Likes