Boeing 787 strobes

I have noticed from the videos that have been posted by @Laura that the strobe lighting on the 787 is incorrect. It should be a single on, off, on, not off, flash, flash, off - if this makes sense…

Here is what it is like just for reference

The 787 looks amazing, and cannot wait to see more! Great work FDS Team!

25 Likes

I know what you mean. I actually made a topic concerning aircraft strobes, just not for the 787. I don’t think this is a duplicate, but it is a good idea.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with you. Don’t they turn on with the beacon lights?

Yeah I noticed that too, it will be great if the plane has his own strobe light lighting pace including the APU lights. Does the wing’s strobe lights and the APU lights flash at the same time right?

Yes, I noticed that too. The strobes is what makes the 787 unique from other older aircraft.

It does flash at the same time.

1 Like

NVM, they flash a little later after the beacon lights.

I think the strobes flash the same on every aircraft in IF. The devs never changed them to fit each aircraft. There have been several topics on this I think. Nevertheless, adding the realistic timing of the strobes would be cool.

They don’t. Airbus, Boenig and even Embraer have different strobes. It’s a minor detail but it takes us a step closer to realism. B777 also needs that fix…

@LSZH34 Sorry I misunderstood. I was talking about planes in IF, not in real life. I know planes have different strobes!

1 Like

Strobes on the Boeings are single pulse strobes while Airbus are double. Right now all the planes use the same code, I will ask Laura about possibly making some effect for the LED strobes on the 787

So I’m right in that IF planes have similar strobes? It would be cool if more realistic effects could be implemented…

Your wish came true @planemadblog. Check Laura’s insta 😱!! Looks like FDS are going all out for this update

2 Likes

This is just fantastic, awesome and unusual!! How can all of this be done in one update? I think Laura hired some minions :-) The purple ones

2 Likes
1 Like

How amazingly realistic does that bird look now? I’m about to have a heart attack… Laura stop confirming all these things please! No keep em’ coming :-)

1 Like

I have noticed that all the videos she’s posted don’t have sound 🤔

1 Like

Ooh, you’ve noticed something special!! See what I mean… Laura is leaking all these small things out without telling us

1 Like

maybe realistic 787 and 777 sounds???

1 Like

Ya!! GE roooooaaaar! @GE90ROOAARR I think you need to come and see this :-)

1 Like