Boeing 787 Live Cockpit

We all wants live cockpit’s especially for all other planes… it would be great…

2 Likes

Yeah, that, gear tilt, and better wing flex are the only things it’s missing. Live cockpit would bring it to the level of the a350, although the 787 does look better on the exterior. These features would make this the same level as the 777.

-Live cockpit

-Gear tilt

-APU (Live cockpit aircraft get this)

-Realistic engine sounds (GENX would be best)

-Interior or transparent windows.

3 Likes

@Delta419 Couple of things-
The 787 was the first model in Infinite Flight that had wing flex. I don’t see it differing from the wing flex in other models. Additionally main gear steering does not exist on two-axle landing gear (to the best of my knowledge only 777+ size aircraft possess this ability).

Realistic engine sounds are incredibly hard to come by and expensive so I don’t see that coming anytime soon.

A live cockpit (and potentially APU and gear tilt) would likely be the only additions. Transparent windows would require a full model rework, which is not needed anytime soon for the 787!

Since only live cockpit is the subject of this request (and more likely to be implemented), let’s keep the discussion focused on it moving forward :)

I gave a list of things it would need to become equal with the 777. I didn’t say it needed that stuff, chill out.

I will vote, because I don’t feel that the aircraft needs a full rework from the ground up (yet) and this would be a good way to have an acceptable cockpit experience without the extra work redoing the rest of the aircraft.

It could be similar to the 737 rework, when only a cockpit was added (except this will just be live instruments).

3 Likes

Please do!! I would LOVE the b787 a lot more.

2 Likes

I would love a cockpit rework on the 787. It would be cool to have as a little surprise in the next update, kinda’ like they did with the 737. I feel as though a cockpit rework is only what a couple of aircraft need to be “on par”. A rework of the cockpit on aircraft such as the 787, 747, CRJ series, DC series, and a couple others would be nice…

1 Like

Especially MD-11/DC-10 and CRJ, they are perfect except for the fact that they lack live displays.

2 Likes

This is what we need! A rework would take more time, but we only need a live cockpit! 🤷🏻‍♂️

(And the AMX Quetza Livery)

1 Like

yeah IF should really focus on these minor reworks that can be out in less than a quarter of the time a full rework would take. cockpit reworks, liveries, gear tilt, etc…

1 Like

The 787 is very good as it is and a live cockpit would certainly top it off!

1 Like

Totally agree, and is something that will worth it, let’s hope devs make this.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t ‘getting live instrumentation’ come under part of the 787 rework which there is already a topic for?

That’s asking for a full rework. This is asking for a partial rework. Similar to how the 737 only got a cockpit rework.

1 Like

This would be so totally awesome, although idk if it needs a full rework to get it done or not.

1 Like

This would be a nice addition, I don’t think it needs a FULL rework, but the cockpit definitely needs one.

1 Like

Definitely need this for sure!

1 Like

Project Metal maybe? 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

I would love a cockpit rework on the 787 (not fully, just the live instruments)

The Boeing 787 needs a complete rework all together, the wings, cockpit, flight dynamics. Though it isn’t the worst aircraft in IF but it’s definitely not the best.