Boeing 787 Family

Comment here for anything relating to the future of the B787 family including liveries, and the eventual rework of its old designs.

58 Likes

Well for starters here’s what I posted in another thread:

Boeing 787-8:

United
ANA
JAL
Ethiopian
LOT Polish
Air Canada
Air India
American
Avianca
Azerbaijan
British
Hainan
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Qatar

Boeing 787-9:

Etihad (I swear to god this is one of the most gorgeous 787s ever)
Air New Zealand (Another gorgeous livery)
KLM
Air France
American
LAN
Scoot
United
Virgin Atlantic
JAL
ANA

Let’s see some more orders for this variant before we finalize our wish list. Not many unique customers but tons of orders.

Boeing 787-10 (We need to see more orders for this to finalize the wish list):

Emirates (If they finally settle on the 787-10 Got my fingers crossed on this order)
Etihad
British
Singapore
ANA
United

Very few orders and unique operators so far. Hope to see the 78J pick up some steam soon :smile:.

Sorry if the emoticon/emoji faces didn’t copy over.

EDIT:

I’m adding in the Vietnam Airlines Boeing 789 and 78J because:

1. The 787-9 is gorgeous in the VN livery and the plane has gained so much publicity recently, even with random people on the internet, that it would be a hit in IF. I would love to fly it personally
  2. The 787-10 would also look gorgeous in the VN livery. Now that they’ve converted some -9s to -10s from their leasing company (They lease them right?) and they have seemingly been talked into buying some more from Boeing (Along with some 777-8Xs :smirk:).

Long live the DC-9!

55 Likes

yea Trevor i will agree…Air NewZealand is a really a sweet looking livery…very BOLD and fuh sure very different…

3 Likes

Remember, newer planes may not have as much liveries. This is the case for the Airbus a350, because its only operators are currently Qatar airways and Vietnam airlines. I don’t recommend the a350 added for that reason.

1 Like

I suggest that, China Southern on the 788. Because the design is nice. Thanks a lot

1 Like

I love any plane with the New Ethiad Livery Especially the 787 😍

3 Likes

This in next update?

Nobody that isn’t the devs knows and AFAIK, the devs don’t set a deadline/date when the update will be released. All they provide is a general time frame the update is to come out which I forget. Find someone who knows the standard amount of months between updates, find the most recent update, then and the two together to get the expected release time.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

Yeah, the Etihad 787 is really beautiful! 😱

3 Likes

Agreed. China Southern has a nice livery. While we’re on the topic of Chinese airlines, Hainan would be good too.

Edit: already wrote down Hainan on my “wish list”

Long live the DC-9!

Don’t forget JetStar!
Another Australian livery would be great.

6 Likes

AirBerlin cancelled an order for fifteen 787 😫
Maybe IF could correct that serious mistake 😏

6 Likes

NWA 787-8

NWA was going to get it before they went bankrupt and merged with Delta

NWA 788 won’t be painted in real life so it wouldn’t be worth adding.

Long live the DC-9!

NWA announced that they were bringing the 788 to the fleet, there are pictures of the planned livery

Delta cancelled orders for the 787 or most fo the orders they go the a350

1 Like

It would stil be nice to have the NWA 788

I have a model of the NWA 787-8 it was my first aircraft model ever.

Never will see it fly though…

Long live the DC-9!

Delta didn’t cancel the 787 orders they just keep deferring them until now they will be delivered in the 2020s if all goes as planned.

It also should be noted that DL has also opted for the A339 in addition to the A359.

Long live the DC-9!

Aeromexico
:smiley:

1 Like