Boeing 787 Family Rework

There are plenty of other liveries I would certainly love for the 787. LOT Polish Airlines Independence (SP-LSC) livery is also very wanted amongst the Polish community on the 787-9. But every livery has its own topic. I may perhaps bump this topic in my own time. 🇵🇱

Credits To Łukasz Stawiarz via Jet Photos. All rights reserved.

15 Likes

And Tail Logo Lights, and landing lights that illuminate the ground, and a cabin, and new camera views, etc.

7 Likes

That’s not a soft-rework. A soft-rework would be the A330 rework which didn’t do that much. Better then nothing! 👍

@Pilot_Dan1 ^^

4 Likes

Well I was listing what else it needed, not taking into consideration that it would remain a soft rework.

3 Likes

Wasn’t talk to you! On that message. But from @Bryce_D that isn’t a soft-rework anyways with all the changes needed.

3 Likes

Gear Tilt is unlikely to happen, It was mentioned by the devs that gear tilt would require a new 3D model which is essentially a complete new airplane… But I’d like to think live instruments is possible just like the TBM refit

6 Likes

I’m voting mainly for the live instruments. Surprised this wasn’t brought up earlier!

4 Likes

I know, that’s why I wrote only Rework in the begining.

3 Likes

The 787 does lack a couple of things like live cockpit and gear tilt however this would probably be one of the last aircraft to be reworked on the IF fleet because the graphics are already pretty good on it whereas aircraft like the 757 or a340 really need an update.

Although it would be nice for a 787 rework I feel like it may not happen for a while.

4 Likes

sadly, I could disagree more. The 787 is one of my favorite aircrafts in real life and in Infinite Flight.
However, I think it is still, one of the superior aircrafts as far as modeling, functions and physics goes. I think there is a massive amount of other aircrafts who would benefit from a rework way more, therefore no vote

5 Likes

I personally don’t think it needs a rework. It was the best aircraft in the game before the A350 came out even without a live cockpit! Although it does lack a Live cockpit with working instruments and cabin views which should hopefully be added in 20.1 or 20.2…

4 Likes

Just to add in I’ve noticed the engine fans on all IF 787 family variants are spinning the wrong way.

5 Likes

Is it just me or did the graphics quality, even set on high, for the 787 get reduced after the A350 got added? I remember being able to make out the stuff on the displays in the cockpit but now I cant. If this gets reworked to the quality of the A350 and soon to be 777 it will be the best plane to ever hit the Infinite Flight skies.

5 Likes

When you put the gear up/down it tilts so why not just prevent it from sinking all the way to the flat position that we currently have? I’m no programmer or game dev but surely that can’t be too hard.

4 Likes

The Requirement for a a new 3D model in order to incorporate Gear tilt was mentioned by the Dev Team, Usually the things that seem the simplest are often the most complicated.

5 Likes

I want to the 787 as been rework for cockpits and more 😉 vote

6 Likes

This is odd…there are so many people that fly the 787 and say it’s their favorite aircraft, yet only 18 votes…this doesn’t make sense.

5 Likes

I think the devs should rework the 787 based on the assumption that since the 787 is new, not only would it take less time for it to be reworked, but that once reworked it will satisfy the majority of the community since a lot do fly the 787.

10 Likes

I really love the 787, with its variety of liveries from all 6 continents. Personally, the 787 deserves a rework but realistically speaking, there are other models e.g the A380, 757/767, the E-Jets just to mention some that are in a more dire state than the 787. Maybe a ‘soft rework’ as well as modifying the 787-10 would do for now?

6 Likes

For me personally, Gear Tilt, alone would be a major seller, as I would thoroughly enjoy landing the 787 so much more. Of course, with or without, it’s always fun to land any plane in IF. Knowing how much to and when to flare, you can smoothly bring down your plane, no talk about it. But, I believe that the Gear Tilt, has become this feature on the A350 that many of of don’t talk or mention often but always is there in the back of our head, that, yeah, A350 has it and I can now lay it down smoothly, having it on the 787, would make it, a golden staple.

A Soft rework, sounds nice to put some extra time and effort to finalize the minor missing features of the 787, and with a 787 rework, small or big, come new liveries, and with more and more airlines purchasing the 787-Dreamliner, there are definitely many new customers who have bought the aircraft since its launch here in IF. In the near future, when they are reworked the 777, during this year and possible next one to come, it would be sweet to see a upgrade of some scale to the Dreamliner. As the A350 put out a new standard for aircraft out there in the IF fleet, and the 777 to follow suit, you never know what finess the 787 may come with knowing technology is moving forward and fast by the day :)

7 Likes