Boeing 787 Family rework

I saw somewhere where it was mentioned that the live cockpit capabilities were coded in and that all’s that is needed idle for it to be activated. Sounds simple but it may be complex given the amount of detail applied in the latest additions. Hopefully we can see them in the future.

That’s right but that’s for the Airbus variant, Boeing have a different type and the cockpit need to be modelled good for a nice quality cockpit.

Most likely just for the Airbus. Either way, a 787 live cockpit would be 😍

1 Like

I feel Boeing Aircrafts need their own skin on the flight displays so it looks like the same cockpit.

1 Like

Also read that it’s only applicable to certain aircraft, which may not be the 787.

1 Like

One of the liveries we need.

5 Likes

I think they should do what they did to the TBM in 19.4 by adding live instruments plus gear tilt.

4 Likes

@TRDubh YESSS. Exactly. Like a soft rework.

Also, they could add some liveries (For instance, the American 787-8 would be nice).

2 Likes

Perhaps features like gear tilt and the correct engine variants would take a little more than a soft rework to add so…maybe not feasible.

1 Like

This works to some aircraft like the A320, 787 etc. But not most others, since they don’t live up to Infinite Flight’s current standards, and would need a full rework. Hopefully the 787 does get updated some day so we do have some variation other than the A350! 😀

1 Like

We need a rework, given that the 787 has static instruments AND despite that so many people still fly it, reworking the 787 will satisfy the majority of players. It’s a great aircraft that will be made even better when a rework comes.

3 Likes

👍🤩 That’s why I made the post! Thank you for your opinion.

1 Like

Yes, sadly this thread isn’t receiving as much attention as it should…I want a reworked 787 pretty badly, it would complement the 777 and the widebody fleet in IF.

3 Likes

It seems to me that some people are jumping to conclusions extremely fast. They did not state that the 787 would require a new 3D model, they said that in general, a new 3D model is needed for gear tilt. But it’s unclear whether this applies to the 787 given how modern it is, the 787 is a lot closer to the A350 than the 747 in terms of quality, and the developers seemed to be talking about much older aircraft, such as the A330 that was literally mentioned in the next sentence. So, maybe it would, maybe it wouldn’t, but they did not shut down the idea of gear tilt for the 787. Live Instruments for the 787 would essentially be the equivalent of the A320 soft rework, similar avionics systems to the 777 but an entirely different interface. The only other thing is to add some tweaks to the model, as in make the nose gear actually touch ground and that sort.

4 Likes

A soft rework would do the fix for the Dreamliner. Honestly, there are unflyable models(757, A340, E-Jets, A380) etc that need more TLC. I’ll still watch this topic for any developments.

5 Likes

I think for the 787 to be up to current standards, more than a “soft” rework is required but not to the extent of a full rework, likely somewhere in between. Features required for the 787 to be up to stanards can include: engine variants+fanblades that spin clockwise, gear tilt physics and working instruments. I believe the main 3D model is accurate enough to be up to today’s standards. It is not to say that these three main aspects can simply be added with a soft rework. However, because it’s not a severely updated aircraft, a full rework isn’t necessary either, and if all these features are implemented then this will bring the 787 up to standards, and given how many players still fly the 787 regularly on a day to day basis despite being an outdated aircraft when compared to its contemporaries, consequently satisfy the silent majority of widebody fans; Boeing widebody fans in particular within the IF community. Like the A350, the 787 is an outstanding, phenomenal aircraft. Its fuel efficiency and operating economics are simply unmatched, proven by the popularity of the aircraft type. A “medium” rework will bring the 787 up to date with today’s standards, and asides from the 777, players will have more realistic options to choose from when flying their short or long haul flights.

6 Likes

Yes, it only needs:
• live cockpit
• gear tilt
• maybe cargo doors
• some new liveries (like the new Air Canada livery 😆)

I think it would also be cool because now you often see people performing long haul flights with the A350 and then it would balance the situation a bit ! (If I fly commercial I really like to fly the A350, it‘s just about realism)

Maybe someone can convince me fo vote 🤔

7 Likes

Honestly, I still see people fly the “broken” 787 which only goes to show that the 787 is one of the most favored aircraft within the community, yet this feature thread only has a disappointing 36 votes…I’m baffled. But anyways, yes, a rework would introduce another realistic efficient long haul widebody aircraft to IF, and provide people with even more choices. Please vote by the way.

6 Likes

The 787 may not be as updated as the A359, but it sure is in great condition compared to the 757/A330 which desperately need a rework.

3 Likes

It may work in the opposite way as well. If people fly the 787 more often, then that may show that they don’t want to fly the 757/767/A330 because of how bad the physics are. Anyway, I think it would be great to have this, but, sadly, I have put my votes elsewhere.

1 Like