Boeing 787 Dreamliner lands at Bristol

The first Boeing 787 Dreamliner has landed at Bristol International, operated by Thomson this morning. This will allow direct flight to Florida, Caribbean and Mexico from Bristol, which is a regional airport with a 6600ft runway. Flights to New York are thought to be coming soon.

787 taxing in Bristol this morning

10 Likes

Nice to see the Dreamliners at Bristol!

It’s an international airport

2 Likes

Bristol airport is a regional airport. It’s one of the UKs fastest growing regional airport, it states this clearly on their website. 9th busiest airport in the UK last year.

1 Like

Oh, they do loads of international flights though. I regularly fly within or even out of Europe from Bristol.

2 Likes

The furthest flight from Bristol is Lanzarote and Tunisia so only just outside of Europe.

Yeah as well as Turkey and possibly Egypt (not 100% sure about Egypt). I just presumed if regular flights left the UK then it would be classed as an international.

1 Like

I saw this on the Bristol Post earlier today up until previously bigger please wouldn’t not be suitable, however this aircraft can take of on a much shorter runaway along with the A350. Norwegian were planning to launch international flights with a subsidiary from Bristol to America but looks like Thomson did it first.
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Arrival-Dreamliner-marks-dawning-new-age-Bristol/story-29138733-detail/story.html

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If you look at my link there is a video of it landing ;)

On their site it’s just ‘Bristol Airport’, but I see it being referred to as ‘Bristol International Airport’ in lots of places online.

1 Like

So it used to be ‘International’?

1 Like

Seems to be the right phrase, “used to”.

1 Like

I refer to it as Bristol Airport however I remember the signs saying Bristol international as you have to go last it to get to Bristol, it’s undergoing lots of investment so they are trying to make it as good as possible including changing the name :)

Wow! Bristol airport just transformed from a regional highway to hell to an international skyway to heaven.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.