Boeing 787-10 Tracking Thread (World Debut + First Flight)

It’s a brilliant day for pencil lovers like myself

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the 787-10 with the EVA Air livery! I have updated my temporary profile picture to the tail of the 787-10 to show my spirit for the aircraft!

1 Like

I know right! I’m looking forward for the inauguration 😊

1 Like

The time for the event has been announced!

Source : Boeing’s Instagram

Bad news for u bud!

8 Likes

I was surprised when I see that they go for 2 bogey. Maybe because 787 is lighter than other wide-bodies

1 Like

I don’t see why they would do it. The twin-bogey system has been decided upon already. There is no need for more weight on the aircraft. They’re not billing the -10 as a ULH-capable aircraft.

1 Like

Another wheel adds a lot of weight, and since the other 787s have the double bogey they would keep it that way (unless the aircraft would be too heavy for the gears to carry).

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a simple stretch with the same MTOW as the baby brothers.
Same philosophy as narrow body families like the 737s and A320s.
Qantas wanted a beefed up stretch with ULH abilities, but Boeing rather wisely kept it simple.

I know I sound like a parrot, but I love this plane. It looks fantastic and the fuel burn per passenger in higher density seating layouts could bring down ticket prices on medium - long(ish) haul routes.

1 Like

4 Likes

Trump is touring the SC Boeing facility. May also be attending the reveal ceremony.

2 Likes

That’s definitely a great looking plane…

Not my photo. All credit to Boeing Airplanes. https://twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes/status/832593989786181633/photo/1

8 Likes

I hope he flies there in an Airbus.

I know that he’ll fly on Air Force one, but it would still be funny

Let’s just hope it flies!

1 Like

Credit:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Lol, we made a 787-10 in 59 seconds… 😂

1 Like

Thank you sir, you have given me my new profile picture!

1 Like

Recent Announcement from Boeing regarding the 78X’s first flight 😊

3 Likes

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787-10 who else will be following this

2 Likes