Boeing 787-10 First Test Flight

The Boeing 787-10 completed its first test flight today. The aircraft took off from Boeing’s factory in North Charleston, South Carolina. It was the first Boeing test flight aircraft to travel outside the Seattle area. The 787-10 is expected to be delivered to Singapore Airlines by 2018 after more testing is completed.

Photos: https://mobile.twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787-10?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=bca-787%20|%20787-10-firstflight&utm_medium=socialpost&utm_content=var:%20day-of-posts%20|%20date:%202017-03

29 Likes

Such a beautiful aircraft!

3 Likes

Judging by the pictures, did they keep the gear down the whole flight?

2 Likes

They were probably doing gear testing. I’m not too sure.

3 Likes

Such a beautiful aircraft

1 Like

Maybe can be merged with this one?

3 Likes

They keep the gear down throughout the entire first flight for safety reasons. They might not come back out if retracted.

4 Likes

I thought it was alright to make another topic. It was quite a big event.

1 Like

I think it’s only for testing reasons. I meant Airbus also did not retract the gears when they had the first FF of A350-900. It looked prettier than without gears imho.

Credits to Airbus S.A.S

5 Likes

Exactly, this was a test flight.

1 Like

Yeah. They do the same thing in the Air Force on maiden flights. They want to keep the list of everything that can go wrong to a minimum.

3 Likes

april fools, that’s just some CGI work. The real 787-10 is probably grounded lol

2 Likes

I don’t think so !!!

2 Likes

woo the modern pencil is here

3 Likes

What is the black dot in the sky oooooooo UFO SIGHTING CONFIRMED

1 Like

That video looks pretty X-plane 11 to me!

2 Likes

Hmm 😒, No it’s really Boeing don’t joke with flight test, because that flight test show the customer that they plan it’s almost done ✅ , customer satisfaction depends.

2 Likes

And why would it be?

1 Like

B/C you got pranked by me

I thought they were built in Everett W.A

1 Like