Boeing 777X

PLEASE READ: The B777X will be having its first test flight very soon, and I know this plane would not be added anytime soon, but I would already like to create a request for it since we have more information about the aircraft, and since we know that the aircraft is already “real”, and its not just an idea. (Also, the other feature requests were taken down since at that time, the B777X was just a plan. The only 777X feature request that is active is a BBJ version (I don’t think a BBJ version exists) Please do not take this thread down (:

Welcome to Boeing 777X Features Thread!

Picture was taken by Dan Nevill

❓ Short Introduction of Boeing 777X ❓

Caption credits to Wikipedia

The Boeing 777X is the latest series of the long-range, wide-body, twin-engine Boeing 777 family from Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The 777X will feature new GE9X engines, new composite wings with folding wingtips, greater cabin width and seating capacity, and technologies from the Boeing 787.

The 777X was launched in November 2013 with two variants: the 777-8 and the 777-9. The 777-8 provides seating for 365 passengers and has a range of 8,690 nmi (16,090 km) while the 777-9 has seating for 414 passengers and a range of over 7,525 nmi (13,936 km). The -9 is expected to fly in the second quarter of 2019 with deliveries to begin one year later.

❓ Why Boeing 777X? ❓

According to Boeing…

Boeing 777X

" Building on the success of the 777 and 787 Dreamliner families, the 777X will be the largest and most efficient twin-engine jet in the world, unmatched in every aspect of performance. But performance is just part of the story. The cabin interior of the 777X is inspired by the comforts and conveniences of the 787 Dreamliner, with larger windows, a wider cabin, new lighting and enhanced architecture — all of which will be custom-tailored for a unique 777X experience. The all-new 777X. That’s a better way to fly."

❓ My opinion regarding the Boeing 777X? ❓

The A350 is currently very popular in the Infinite Flight Community, and I feel like the Boeing 777X deserves some popularity too. The B777X is a very fascinating and modern plane with technology like no other. With its first test flight happening very soon, (as of May 2019) it is only a matter of time until we see this aircraft in service. This aircraft would also make the Boeing Family more complete in Infinite Flight. Share your thoughts about this aircraft below :D

❓ Boeing 777X Aircraft Specifications ❓

All Specifications are listed from Boeing

(Left) B777-8 vs B777-9 (Right)

List Price $410.2 million $442.2 million
Program Launch November 2013
Seats (2-class) 350-375 400-425
Range 8,690 nmi (16,090 km) 7,525 nmi (13,940 km)
Length 229 feet (69.79 m) 251 feet, 9 in (76.72 m)
Wingspan Extended: 235 feet, 5 in (72.75 m)
On ground: 212 feet, 8 in (64.82 m)
Interior Larger windows, wider cabin, new lighting, new architecture (more)
Configuration Twin-aisle (widebody)
Engine GE9X, supplied by GE Aviation

Credits to @George as I copied his layout :P

This topic is currently being fixed to better adjust with current developments

Oops, Question Marks are too big. Let me fix that

I hope this introduced to IF. I am curious to see the who will invest in this beautiful 777 after the sad and tragic out come of the 737 MAX series.

6 Likes

Agreed. Well, Lufthansa is still the launch customer so… :)

1 Like

I would love to see this, however it’s not possible to add an aircraft that is still a year away from entering commercial service. This is why IF didnt develop the A350 until now.

4 Likes

Yes I know it would take time, but I just decided to already request it since the aircraft already “exists”

4 Likes

IF already has the “moving wings” on the F-14 so I don’t think the folding wing tips would be too different / hard to make

2 Likes

This topic was closed.

Uhhmm what?

1 Like

Its great that people want this aircraft, however it hasnt even had its test flight yet. Theres no way the developers will be able to add this aircraft, not until like 5 years from now when the datat becomes more available.

Remember the a350 had its first flight 6 years ago, the data for that aircraft has only just became fully available, thus why the devs can finally add it.

1 Like

Its first test flight will be very soon, and yes I am aware that it will take a lot of time. I am just requesting it ahead so the devs can already add this to their “future projects” / bucket list (if they do have one)

And just a little wink wink note… Being the first flight sim to have the 777X in the future will definitely gather more players 😉

1 Like

Im just saying, it will be a very long time until the devs atleast consider attempting to add it.

Yeah I know, and I’m willing to wait.

Do you think they’ll create it from scratch, or will they use the 300ER as a base model?

For those of you that keep saying “it won’t be added”, the OP has already addressed this issue. Please stop.

14 Likes

one thing I’m sure is that this will take some time to be in the IF, the A350 has been operating for some time, and only now they have started to develop (we know the reasons, so no criticism), so the one that did not even start goes take a long time (my opinion). but being a boeing fan you have my support.

2 Likes

May God hear you! So already, he does not even have to fly once. And the first test in flight and planned around May 2020 (if I’m not mistaken after an article on megaviation). Then we calculate a little: the A350 will not come out for at least 10 months and then come back editing the B777, you say “go add it with editing” but let’s be honest, we do not know anything about the B777X. Even in 1-2 years. Watch the time taken by the A350. And after retouching the B777 (without the B777X), other aircraft will be studied (ATR, or perhaps other modifications of the B757 767, A340, etc.). All i said, the B777X will be added to an IF within 4-5 years minimum. . So good luck for the fans of this plane! But I admit that I would be very happy on the day of its announcement in IF!😅

3 Likes

#voted

I don’t care about the whole “this will not be added until pigs fly” malarkey. This aircraft is too beautiful. I would fly it so much if it gets implemented.

5 Likes

Luv this plane
Will be my fav once it gets rolled out

It was rolled out over 2 months ago 🤔

As in airlines start flying it

1 Like