Boeing 777 spoilers and thrust

Hello fellow pilots. First of all I LOVE infinite flight and here is my question: the Boeing 777 (any version of the 777) is very difficult to slow down even with the spoilers especially when descending more than 1500 feet per minute. I haven’t tried any other heavy Boeing aircraft yet but Airbus plane slow down easier I think. Also with 90 percent thrust power (about 95% N1) the 777 is speeding up very fast - so I climb at about 6500 feet per minute) with a thrust of about 85% N1 in order to not exceed 250 knots below 10000. I have noticed that I am not the only pilot with this difficulty. Any help and any advice will be very much appreciated. What I would suggest to anyone would be to start descending before the equal distance (e.g. 37000ft÷1000…37×3 = 111nm - start descending at 120nm distance) and reduce descend rate later on so you can slow down easier. The landing gear actually helps a lot to slow down, but I need to be at 250 knots or less below 10000 and extending landing gear above 10000 is not that much recommended. Thank you very much, I wish you all safe and happy flights

2 Likes

The reworked 772 has nearly exactly accurate physics, it acts like it would in real life. I don’t think this is a problem about the sim 🤔

4 Likes

Also, 90% thrust is not really used in real life, I would say 85% is fine.
Why don’t try VNAV, it will control the descend phase.

2 Likes

By the way, welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and for your welcome. I’m very happy to be here

1 Like

Yeah, the 777 is very slippery. When you need to reduce your speed, start raising the nose (lowering the negative VS). Try and keep the throttle on 0% as much as possible until intercepting the glideslope. Adjust the vertical speed accordingly. In the 777, you will find you descend slower than other aircraft. But, I think this should be in #general as it isn’t a technical issue wth the app. Welcome to the community by the way!

Yes it is under normal condition in the A320 ATHR above FL290 ish

1 Like

I was talking about the 772…
Correct me if I am wrong.
It’s not necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.