Boeing 757 Rework

Why melbourne ?? 🇦🇺

2 Likes

I don’t even know lol, I found it rare so i shared it here ^^ .
Look at the comments though,

1 Like

Tbh I really hope they add this livery for the 757

Credit

It just hits different ya know?

5 Likes

Whoa! Easy operated the 757? That’s a new one for me. Would be cool to see though 👍🏻

3 Likes

Hmm but they were only operated for one summer in 2010 and were wet-leased. Would be a bit of a waste of a limited livery catalog since it was so short lived imo

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that we get the glass cockpit version. I hope they still make the CRT EFIS version as retro liveries are dulled a bit by having a cockpit not of the time period.

EDIT: Darn it!

It feels as if they’re taking the easy way out by refusing to attempt the older screens that don’t look like other modern panels. It’s like the DC-10/MD-11 update, where the DC-10 got an MD-10 cockpit instead of the actual DC-10 cockpit. I am happy to see the 757 rework happening, but I am disappointed that some corners are being cut here.

8 Likes

I don’t have a good feeling that this will be done by end of 2020

But this looks amazing and will be worth the wait

2 Likes

This livery of Condor would be beautiful ❤❤

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s an -300 :( We are only getting the -200 variant

1 Like

I’d honestly rather have the CRT screens than things like a cabin. Bit of a strange decision. I get that from a business perspective they want to have the update out before Christmas which makes cutting corners inevitable at such a late stage in development.

2 Likes

Well I can’t imagine the numerous A330, E-jet, ATR … etc fans wanting a year and a half devoted to just the 757 :)

I get the frustration for sure. I would personally rather have a glass cockpit (that still appeared on some 757s) and time spent on other cool additions, as opposed to both versions of the cockpit and an extra six months (just a guess) exclusive focus on 757 development. In a couple of years when other big-ticket requests are added, who knows? They might come back and work some more. At the very least the 752 will still be lightyears ahead of where it is now!!

2 Likes

It’s funny how everyone has different opinions. I’m just grateful that we’re getting a rework
I want glass and analog and don’t care about a cabin (I rather have a great running plane than a cabin. But analog would be great)
Also blacked out windows so it doesn’t look like the A350. Or at least windows where you can’t see through the plane into darkness and windows on the other side. (Which we won’t know until the release)
I’m just happy that we’re finally getting a rework and don’t have to fight to the death with topics and comments for more votes like what’s going on with the polls rn 😂

Let’s go 757!
Best plane ever

8 Likes

Ohh i thought the development team were doing all variants!!

1 Like

I like, the 757 rework if you would like vote for Air China livery if you would like to Boeing 757-200 Air China Livery (B-2844)

1 Like

Well we’re getting it yay! Don’t forget to use those votes to support another feature.

I really hope they add new chrome textures for liveries like Aeromexico 757 or the American Airlines 757

5 Likes

Im so glad this plane will be getting a rework :)

2 Likes

What we know so far about the Boeing 757-200’s development.

• Development in the aircraft began in April, making a release in December extremely likely if not guaranteed.
  • The aircraft will be up to date with the latest features in IF, including Gear tilt, animated doors and live cockpits
  • The cockpit will be a modern glass cockpit, instead of the analog cockpit for now.
  • The standard 757-200 will be the only variant featured as of now. This does mean that cargo liveries such as DHL and FedEx will be removed.
  • Developers plan to use realistic RB211 sounds for all engine variants. Engine sounds are *planned to be released with 20.3, but this may be pushed to 21.1. This will not affect the aircraft release date.
  • All engine variants will still be modeled.
  • There will be 3 types of winglets.
  • Aircraft may already be in testing by developers, however, this is speculation and has not been confirmed by IF, the only thing backing this theory is that Laura and Misha have been spotted by community members flying the 757-200.

This information is subject to change, it may also include incorrect details. You may find official information on the Infinite Flight Developmentd Timeline

7 Likes

It‘s almost confirmed. A staff member posted on Instagram that the goal is the end of this year!

Bild

1 Like

Deer Crusher flying the mysterious blank 757 ??!?!! Oohhhh

8 Likes