Boeing 757 Rework

I think the people don’t like the 757 in general

Why would they vote at all then?

That’s still a mystery 🤷🏽‍♂️

If you don’t like the plane, at least see how it flies and looks in IF and drop a vote just for the sake of bringing it up to par.

3 Likes

It’s because a lot people would rather fly the shiniest, biggest, and newest aircraft unfortunately. Which is why the 777 won. I seriously think the 757 is the worst commercial aircraft in the sim. It needs a rework.

3 Likes

For those of you who do not think the B757-200 is in need of a full rework from the ground up:

Yes, the aircraft looks fine upon first glance, sitting on the ground like a rock doing nothing. 🤔

Then you go into the cockpit to get ready to fly 😦

Well, maybe we should look at the engines, because we will need them to fly 😭
Believe it or not, the current AA livery has the best engines out of all the liveries: Still bad. Not sure why this livery changes the engines from the others though. 🧐

Now to flight cruise level 🥴.
No I’m not descending.

I don’t need to show the takeoff or landing, we all know how bad we need this rework in IF, and I am truly grateful for everything that the Staff does and creates! Not trying to sound ungrateful, this is a great sim and I’ve had it since 2013. So please, if you haven’t already and are willing to/don’t know what else to vote for, vote to rework the B757-200!

22 Likes

They should also add the -300 after the -200 rework to complete the series

5 Likes

Still mind boggles me how some people don’t think the 757 needs a rework

4 Likes

There’s this delusional 737 fanboy somewhere on IFC I think that purported that the 737 was the aircraft that needed a rework the most…

5 Likes

I know Right. What are they thinking?

2 Likes

Exactly, go a see for yourself and fly it! It’s practically broken. Even the 767-300 has better physics, and that’s saying a lot.

3 Likes

Exactly. The 737 is basically in pristine condition compared to the 757. I just don’t understand why people would want to rework aircraft like the A330 and 737, and add aircrafts like the ATR and A220, before reworking the 757.

2 Likes

I would love to see a 757 rework, but some people prefer other aircraft and I think we should respect their decisions, even if we don’t think they’re always the right ones 🤗

4 Likes

Problem is, if we constantly let the community decide, who’s gonna rework the old aircraft? So what? Just leave them to rot over time neglected? Who’s gonna take care of aircraft like the SR22 and 717? So we’re just gonna let IF be overrun by new aircraft coexisting with old, outdated models? No way…especially not the 757, and I’m sure that many people would agree that the 757 needs a rework the most, no matter what aircraft people prefer.

Incoming Americans lecturing me on the merits of freedom of speech and democracy.

7 Likes

Again, the older aircraft should be reworked before adding new ones. Just think about this:

You have just discovered Infinite Flight on the App Store. You see the pictures of the A350, A320, etc and decide to buy it and get a subscription. You fly around in the A320, A350, and TBM thinking Wow, this is cool. Then, you hop into the 757. “Where’s the live cockpit? Why won’t the plane taxi? “Why is the plane climbing so fast? What happened to the angle of the wing?” You go back into the A320 and compare it with the 757, and are confused.

4 Likes

If IF does hold another poll, the choices should only be aircraft that are old and need a rework like the 757. No aircraft like the A330 or 737. The choices should be the 757, 767, C-17, SR22, 717, and the A380. All these aircraft I just listed are very old and need a rework the most.

5 Likes

And the ERJ ;)

3 Likes

I’m scared that the A380 would be picked first before the 757-200. A lot of people pick the aircraft that is “DIfFeReNt” and “uNiQuE”, even though the 767/757 were so far ahead of their time. You can fly both with the same training, and one can be used for Short/Medium hauls, and the other could be used for Medium/Long hauls. Very unique, and very important. Please vote for the 757 if we vote as a community again, 7th place is an embarrassment from last year, it might have even been 8th place.

4 Likes

In a perfect world it should be 757, 757, 757, or 757 😂

3 Likes

Yeah thats true. Maybe don’t include it so we don’t have any long haulers on the poll.

4 Likes