Boeing 747 Rework

When someone says British Airways most people will think of the 747. It’s the end of an era.

3 Likes

Yeah I know people care more about British airways than Lufthansa. But in my opinion it will be more historical when they retire it since they’ll most likely be the last passenger airline to retire the 747.

3 Likes

Are they using the combis or regular 747s? The 77W and 78X are better cargo haulers than the 747-400, so it’d make sense if they’re still flying the combis, not so much if it’s the regular 747-400. The only reason I could see either BA or KLM flying regular 747-400s on cargo runs is if all of their 77Ws and 78Xs (as well as A35Ks for BA) are flying and they need more capacity, so I’m don’t see either flying their 747s again.

2 Likes

700 Votes!

Next stop: 747!

4 Likes

Leased from Lufthansa for Asian routes :)

They won’t fly again. The main market for the BA 747 is the USA and I don’t see that market being open to BA for some time.

For those interested I’m pretty sure the final flight was BAW58 (Cape Town to London) on the 4th of June. It was operated by G-CIVP.

G-CIVP ^

3 Likes

If they rework the 747 I want them to add a few liveries the UPS 747 400 and 800 the new Air Force One and the American Airlines 747 200

2 Likes

And I forgot the EL AL 747-400

3 Likes

Pretty weird to add UPS flight 6 in this (In my opinion)

3 Likes

Sorry it was just the picture that was first

2 Likes

Put your mask on 😍😍😍

4 Likes

I already have to wear one on the plane. The last thing I want is the plane wearing one too 😭

4 Likes

Happy seeing planes doing special liveries telling to wear masks.

2 Likes

If the jumbo gets reworked, Cathay’s former livery must be added :)

Cathay has been a leading carrier since the last century, not only connecting people to their renowned hub - Kai Tak, but also bringing people together within the Asia Pacific with their comprehensive 5th freedom flights network. With the excellent services provided by this oriental company, this livery had become a symbol of the industries development in Asia! We should not miss this legend in IF!

Pic. owned by Andrew Hunt

6 Likes

We have passed the E-Jets!!! Next one is our biggest rival ever, the A380!

2 Likes

The queen is so imposing!

The A350 looks like a little scared child 😂in front of her

7 Likes

Some photos of the BA 747s parked up waiting for their final flight. Very sad that they’ll all probably be scrapped.

3 Likes

Good luck with the 757 lol

1 Like

It’s bowing in front of her majesty 😂😂🤣🤣

2 Likes

747>A350. It’s such a shame the 747 has fallen out of favour. It’s easily the most comfortable and spacious aircraft I’ve ever been on.

3 Likes