Boeing 747 Rework

But…damn man what a beauty, and there are two of them in this picture too.

1 Like

9M-MPD and 9M-MPB. I’ve had the luck to have been a regular to fly these to London, Amsterdam, Sydney etc. The livery looked so much better in person.

The wing flex should also be added to make the 747 even more realistic and exciting.

4 Likes

These one would be pretty cool :)

6 Likes

Any 747 livery is cool.

4 Likes

I would love to see this

6 Likes

@SwissForceProud001 It departed to LAX/KLAX (Los Angeles International Airport).

Then from there, the Qantas 747-400 took a short hop ( around 25 minutes) to VCV/KVCV (Victorville) to be retired.

3 Likes

I know it’s retired but the Virgin Atlantic 747 has been missing from Infinite Flight for too long.

10 Likes

Virgin Atlantic 747 is one of the best looking liveries out there

6 Likes

You cant forget about the BEST 747-400 livery ever. Maybe the best 747 livery overall in IMO, shame it was only on the one plane though.

Credit

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/840202874211636804/

10 Likes

Don’t forget, it was in about half of the fleet when the last one arrived (the other part were with the wOrLd tAiLs)

3 Likes

Yah, Never fully understood the world tails. A few of them I liked, but others…

2 Likes

Yeah, some were quite nice, but some jeez… I think I mentioned them here somewhere…

1 Like

Here they are (the worst ones for me)

1 Like

IDK, which one was your favorite tail? I found this chart of all the world tails on BA’s 747s, I think that is all of them at least.

(Credit: Airliners Illustrated)

8 Likes

I think the last 747-400 to arrive in the Landor livery was G-CIVL in March 1997. G-CIVM would arrive in June in an interim livery.

The only world tails that were any good were Chelsea rose and Chatham dockyard (in my opinion.)

2 Likes

and G-CIVI was the last named 747, City of Gloucester

1 Like

5 Likes

The 747-400(BC)F would be great to have because then I can do 747 flights out of Brussels!

Both of those are my own pictures.

7 Likes

Here’s an interesting watch for classic 747 fans. It’s called ‘airline 1990’ and they followed certain areas of BA around for a week or so. In the first episode they followed a 747-200 (G-BDXG) down to Bangkok and then on to Sydney. The whole series is a great watch but this episode is probably the best.

Link : https://youtu.be/tFL3erWur9E

4 Likes