Boeing 747 Rework

The years will pass quickly if we don’t appreciate the 747. It’ll be in the blink of an eye before we’re witnessing 748’s being withdrawn, gotta appreciate these beauties while we can.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see this queen fully reworked

3 Likes

I have an itching feeling this will be the next rework, simply because of the news. It would be a way to send off the Queen.

1 Like

Would be spectacular to have the queen reworked.

1 Like

It most definitely would, even more spectacular to get to fly one in IF.

1 Like

I really hope you’re correct! It would be a great way to send off a truly historic aircraft. Sadly we will probably get something like the ATR or an A220 instead.

2 Likes

What is thou abhorrent demonry that you speak of?

In all seriousness, you can’t really deny that there’s no comparison to be made. The 747 is in an upper echelon with itself only. No other aircraft can match the things it has accomplished, and that’s why we absolutely need this rework.

1 Like

Not only is the 747 one of the most mechanically impressive things ever made. It’s also one of the best looking things ever created. It just looks correct.

5 Likes

And…it’s everything. Not only is it an engineering feat, it’s also good looking, and I mean, perfect in all aspects. It sounds great, pilots love it, passengers and crew love it, and just…I mean, perfect.

2 Likes

IF needs a reworked 4 engine aircraft. What better place to start the the 747? We’re almost at 660 votes!

2 Likes

No better candidate, although the A380 is voted higher.

2 Likes

Take my Vote.
Always i love 744 and 744F
(Actually, more love the Freighter Version lol)

2 Likes

@11149 Welcome to the Community! Also I don’t know how someone could not love this iconic plane.

1 Like

The 747 is definitely one of the most iconic and recognisable aircraft ever built!

3 Likes

Or dare I say, it is the most iconic and recognizable aircraft. Will the general public recognize a DC3? Nah. 747? Yes.

Boeing 747’s can be seen a lot more frequently than Douglas DC-3’s. One would have to go to some of the most remote locations on Earth to see a DC-3 operating outside of airshow circumstances, or a flight museum to see one on static display. The fact that DC-3’s were produced in the 1930s/1940s further solidifies as to why the average person might not recognize one, as most of those peole have long passed away.

Not to mention that this aircraft placed a just-as-significant, if not more important, role in the aviation industry as a whole like the Boeing 747. Over 10,000 DC-3s (number of passenger and military derivatives) were produced and this aircraft was vital in the second World War. It paved the way for many great aircraft, even the 747.

It may not be around as much in your generation, but it’s just as iconic today as it was last century. The 747 is great, undoubtedly, but other aircraft shined just as brightly as the Queen did in their day. Anyway, that’s enough talk about other aircraft in a 747 thread. 👍

There’s also the Concorde…

1 Like

I think you misinterpreted my statement. In no way did I say the DC3 wasn’t significant to aviation. To us aviation enthusiasts, the DC3 represents a gem in aviation history, but the general public won’t recognize such a classic aircraft, I’m just saying.

Don’t take things out of context.

Once again…there’s only a few that non-enthusiasts recognize.

Are you kidding me?! Just look at it! Almost no one knows about the Tu-144

I’m not saying it’s not a beautiful or great aircraft, but I’m just saying, that if you showed a picture of the Concorde to a random person, they probably wouldn’t recognize it.

Read.

1 Like