Boeing 747 Rework

Agreed, and I seeing as how they are initially reworking the 757-200, and possibly adding -300 and -200F for the 757 in the future knowing that if they can keep the fanbase happy for now, they can when time and money allows for it, add the other variants based on the popularity of the reworked 757-200.

So reworking only the most used ones in IF, which are the most used ones IRL, (they are connected with those ultra realistic pilots), that way if they rework those needed to profit off of the time and money spent, then that’ll be a worth win-win for the 747 fanbase and the developers.

2 Likes

Let’s gooo 747!!!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t support the 747 and vote for it if I was under the impression that we wouldn’t see the -200 reworked as well.

(As mentioned in the Concorde thread that a full-animated analog cockpit couldn’t work). A workaround They could make only the important instruments live and working, but the others are still there and textured well. So that could be a possibility where we could see the -200 variant with its own cockpit, unlike what @77W suggested that we get the -400 cockpit on the -200.

Sure, the 747-400 and -8 are cool, but for me it’s all or nothing. Either don’t do the 747 rework, or do all the 747’s no matter how popular demand is for one variant over the other.

2 Likes

What we want

What we get

4 Likes

Hopefully we do get an analogue cockpit on the 747 classics. Even if it’s only the main instruments that work. It would be a great sight to see it all light up over the Atlantic.

4 Likes

They have stated in the past that they would only rework the -400 and -8 since the older models have really complicated cockpits. Same reason as why we haven’t gotten Concorde yet.

5 Likes

@AvioesEJogos

4 Likes

😍😍😍 Beautiful shots! We NEED that!

2 Likes

Yeah. We don’t need the flight engineer’s panel to be animated or fully functional, nor do we need every single light to gauge to be animated. Only the important things. And the rest can be modeled (even if it’s not ultra-HD like the glass cockpits). It might work as a workaround seen as analog cockpits are more complicated.

The cockpit on the 747-200 is unbeatable, and I’d love the see the -200 and it’s wonderful cockpit make it into the sim more than any of the other 747 variants.

1 Like

We need wingflex on the 747. Especially when we have the movable cameras to pick great wing views like those!

Wingflex is a MUST, not only for the 747 but for every widebody

1 Like

Yeah I agree. Just animate the vitals and leave the rest. Although do make sure they all light up at night.

3 Likes

There are so many reasons we need this to be rework. First of all, the freighters. The 747 freighters in the sim right now are trash. Just a freighter livery in a pax aircraft. Second of all, the variants. If you vote for the A330 or 767… They are gonna come up with some crap like they won’t be adding variants… Only reworking. Look with the 757. They won’t be doing the -300. A330 really needs the -200 in the sim and if that wins they will do the same thing, only do the -300. And with the 767… They will only do the -300. Not the much needed -200, -400. Pretty stupid. The 747 already has 3 variants and all would be reworked. So the 747 is the best choice.

4 Likes

777F: Am I a joke to you? But yeah we need this. And, most importantly, it is, and will always and forever be, the Queen of the Sky

2 Likes

my bad. I was only referring to the 747 Fs

1 Like

Back in the 70s-80s most 747-100/-200 were used on short haul routes?

1 Like

1 Like

If this gets reworked. I wonder what they will do with sounds… Because between the -200, -400, and -8. They can’t be the same all in one… At least two soundtracks.

2 Likes

I don’t know what they’ll do with the other two variants, but I’d imagine for the - 400 they’ll use whichever sounds come with the upcoming 757 considering buth the Pratt and Whitneys and, more importantly, the RB211s were used on the 744 too!

1 Like