Boeing 747 Rework

First off, I’ll start by saying that I’m not against the rework of this. In fact, we are all for it! If I didn’t want it, I would’ve not posted and moved on ;)

The vast majority of liveries in the 737 family are from pretty well known airlines. The reason little known airlines are added is that they may be crucial for a region and you don’t know it, which gives opportunities to fly routes that are either lifelines, or just interesting in general. I would only consider 11 out of the 78 commercial 737 liveries not very well known. I personally think that’s not “too many” but that’s you thinking what you think.

I can’t really contest that. I do agree that many iconic airliners are being left out and that’s a sad sight to see. The 747 is basically unflyable unless you, say, put trim to 60, like said above or use flaps, which is unrealistic and disappointing for an airliner that you’d have a large expectation for, knowing how iconic it is. The reason smaller aircraft are added is that the minority can enjoy what they like too. Some people might not like large airliners and that’s the case with Regional props and jets by the likes of the Q400 and CRJ; they were made so that the sim can cater to as many as possible. :^)

The fact that we can express opinions is great, that’s the joy of this forum. I apologise if I sound hostile but I just want to add my $0.02 about what you’ve spoken about.

3 Likes

The great thing about this thread is that everyone here agrees on one thing. That we need a 747 rework! @Tsumia I don’t think he’s aiming the comment at you. I think it’s aimed at people who vote for the 737max over this.

1 Like

Well the MAX wasn’t really mentioned, was it? If the people who vote for it want it, they can dream about the addition all they want, and it might come eventually! I’m just adding my stance on what he said, that’s all.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I just re read your comment and I got it completely wrong! After reading it a second time I agree with most of your points. The 747 is pretty much unflyable at the moment. I apologise for any confusion caused. Also about the max, I was simply using it as an example I didn’t mean for it to come across that I was picking on that aircraft in particular. A rework of all aircraft at some point would be great. I just hope the 747 come first!

2 Likes

Don’t worry. There is not much incentive to add the MAX anyway because, for one, it doesn’t fly and probably won’t anytime soon and secondly, it’s a bit like neglecting grandparents that would’ve loved to be a part of something. The grandparents in this scenario are the 747 family :)

2 Likes

I agree but I can still see the max being added prior to the 747 rework. Because this is an American sim with an (mostly) America market we will get which aircraft is most popular in those markets. Sadly the 747s disappeared too early from American carriers. Some Americans still do prefer the 747 and are just as excited as we are for a 747 rework. Hopefully we can make our voices heard and get the 747 reworked! (If any Americans are reading this it is not attacking you. I’m simply stating the 747 has been withdrawn in that region.)

3 Likes

Good point, but then again, the minorities might want some of their local stuff too. Like me, I like my fair share of Soviet and Eastern European airlines and aircraft. Many airlines from around the world have used or still use the 747 but are not in IF. Take airlines like Rossiya, Transaero, Virgin Atlantic, Pullmantur, RAM, Varig, JAL, ANA, Air China, Air New Zealand, Garuda, South African, Corsair and so many more airlines from all corners of the globe so that means anyone, from every region, background, etc. can enjoy the rework of this beast!

2 Likes

Yeah. I’d love too see all these airlines in a rework. A 747-200 rework would also be great. The 747 has definitely covered every corner of the globe!

4 Likes

I mean, that’s part of the request. But I agree, I can enjoy flying retro routes like Scandinavian Airlines KLAX-KSEA-EKCH.

2 Likes

The cockpit would be difficult at first but worth it once everyone gets used to proper gauges and not massive screens. I’d also do classic routes with airlines like Pan Am, TWA or BOAC.

3 Likes

Yeah, I like how IF added a Pan Am livery in honor of how they revolutionized aviation.

3 Likes

Yeah, they should rework the 747

2 Likes

@77W I have already cast my vote for the Boeing 747 a long time ago, but thank you very much for reminding. The Boeing 747 is indeed very versatile, not just with specialized roles as test beds and oversize load carriers, but also within the context of revenue passenger service, the Boeing 747 is indeed a very versatile platform, being able to carry out a wide array of routes, with lengths varying anywhere between 1 hour and 15 hours, 100 nautical miles to well over 8,000 nautical miles. Therefore, I will reiterate that a remaster for the Boeing 747 is IMPERATIVE, so for those who haven’t vote already, please, please go ahead and VOTE.

1 Like

I just landed at Jeddah with a 747 and I slid and flipped off the runway. We need this fixed now.

2 Likes

@Tsumia I understand and fully respect your opinion, and I can see where you are coming from with regards to this situation. You have made very good points, and I am always open to those who have a different outlook on things. But one thing that will stay the same is that the Boeing 747 will be revered forever, the Queen will live on in our memories. Let’s make it the same in Infinite Flight. If you can, tag some of your friends, share this link, and get them to cast their votes too. Aim high, and may the tailwinds propel us along.

2 Likes

@First_Officer_Lee I know it’s not your fault, and this just goes to show that the 747 is in DIRE need of a remaster. The physics and gameplay mechanics on that poor bird in IF is corrupt at best, so this is why few people want to fly the current 747 in the simulator. Rest assured that since the Boeing 747 is such a popular and well-known aircraft in the real world, I am sure that someday, when a remaster comes out, she will, at last, see the light of day again.

But rather than saying “someday,” let’s actually make this happen. Vote for the Boeing 747 if you haven’t already, my friends. It will be well worth the vote, it is a small price to pay for salvation, my friends!

1 Like

To a lot of the younger players the 777 is the new 747 to them. They don’t remember when 747s used to fill up terminals.

2 Likes

Nostalgia is real my dudes #nostalgia

1 Like

The physics are unrecognisable. It’s such a shame because I’m really life she flys smoothly and isn’t very agile (from what I’ve heard) In infinite flight one flick of the rudder and she’s spiralling out of control.
It would be great to get the trim like the 777 as the 747 has a massive horizontal stabiliser.

3 Likes

@AAEagle @First_Officer_Lee That is right - nostalgia is very much a reality, but a lot of the younger folks do not really realize it. It’s a shame, but again, we are the ones who need to make this known to the masses. Onwards, and vote Boeing 747!