Boeing 747 Rework

oh- there goes another one…

747 rework has to have the retro liveries in.

1 Like

I commend BA for holding out as much as they did

1 Like

They were supposed to be in service until 2024 though 😒

2 Likes

The only way they were profitable was the premium and business seats. Less were gonna be sold so each aircraft was gonna loose money

I made a sendoff event for the BA 747. This is so sad, so please join me in giving them a proper sendoff!

2 Likes

The number of reasons for a 747 rework only increase and increase. Hope LH still has the heart to keep their -400’s, and BA was always meant to be the last airline to retire them too.

2 Likes

From a practical standpoint, now is a perfect time. There are still plenty of 747 pilots left (and unfortunately many of them may have a lot of free time on their hands). However, a little while down the road it will become much harder

2 Likes

This is a very good point. If the developers wait too long they will struggle to find a 747 pilot who can comment on the physics. Just another reason to rework the 747.

3 Likes

Well, they can always look for 74Gear.

As a side note, we’re closing the gap on the E-jet. If this happens, this could be a monumental takeover in votes, as this may have a chance of changing the order of aircraft reworks, only three more, that’s all we need folks.

1 Like

Lufthansa is keeping their -8s strong 💪

2 Likes

Glad to have the -8’s though, they’re gonna be here for at least a while.

2 Likes

Hopefully they keep some of their -400s too. They’re probably one of the final european operators of the -400 after BA got rid of them yesterday.

3 Likes

While making some intros to my YT channel, jeez, making a relatively smooth landing is hard as heck (well there’s also the fact that I’m a noob in IF, but I do better (not butter) landings with the C172 or the 737). Look how I struggle to land:

BTW which is your favourite?

4 Likes

Look at the wingflex right after takeoff!

13 Likes

Ahhh man…the flex, so beautiful. Surprisingly a few Asian airlines haven’t announced their official retirements, so we’ll see how it pans out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the last 747 retires 80 years after the first flew. It would be a awe-struck sight in the 2040s to see these along side delta wing and other future airliners designs. A flying time capsule.

1 Like

The 747 just can’t die. Whilst the pandemic has forced some into retirement, there are many others that shine as freighters, truly magical considering how long the 747 has existed for.

Just one more to overtake the E-Jet folks, not sure who took away their vote but we need only one to overtake it.

4 Likes

IF 747 Physics

7 Likes

Another 747 that is no longer with us :( We really need to get this thing reworked before people start forgetting what a great and iconic aircraft the 747 was and still is.

3 Likes