Boeing 747-400 Freighter

“The King of Cargo” Boeing 747-400 Freighter!

Image Credits from the Courtesy of Air Bridge Cargo, A leading Eastern Europe Cargo Hauler using the Boeing 747 officially as Freighters, operating routes in and out of Germany and Russia.

About the Boeing 747-400 Freighter. image

The Boeing 747-400F freighter is the all-cargo transport variant of the Boeing 747-400 family of aircraft. Boeing has stated that there are about 300 747 freighters in operational service, carrying about half of the world’s freighter air cargo. The 747 family of freighters make up two thirds of the world’s wide-body freighter fleet.

The longer-range 747-400ER (extended range) freighter was launched in April 2001. The 747-400ER freighter has a maximum take-off weight of 412,770kg.

To support the additional take-off weight, the 747-400ER freighter is built with a strengthened fuselage, strengthened landing gear with larger tyres and also some sections of the wings have been additionally strengthened. The increased take-off weight, compared to the existing 747-400 freighter, allows the 747-400ER to fly an additional 972km or to carry an additional 9,980kg payload on a long range flight at maximum take-off weight.

Information used from Aerospace Technology, an advanced technological building website that explores engineering, IT and science. This includes Aeronautical science. https://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/boeing747-400f/

Well, why do we need the 747-400 Freighter into Infinite Flight?

Since the Boeing 747 family was introduced for the first in Infinite Flight back in 2014, a variant was missing. The developers added the -200, -400 and finally the -800 (including Freighter) into Infinite Flight, they have surely missed their eye on the -400 Freighter. But that’s not the point. In the modern world today, the Boeing 747 has officially started retiring, grounding and scraping this beauty. Only a few Boeing 747 has been given out to other Airline companies, and kept to the present day. The same thing applies to the Freighter companies, before the new -800 variant has been introduced.

My opinion in regards of the Boeing 747-400 Freighter. image

I think, it would be awesome to have a solid new aircraft developed by our awesome 3D Artists. Firstly, a rework must be done for the Boeing 747, with all the present additions up to date with the other new aircrafts. THIS IS A MISSING VARIANT! Just like the Boeing 777F, and the 747-8 (Separate variants for Freighter version are needed). Possible features such as live cockpit instrumentals and screens, opening Back and Front Nose Cargo will be very very handy.

The Boeing 747-400 Freighter Aircraft Specifications: image

The credits used for the specifications from the courtesy of Wikipedia.

Specifications Amount
Cockpit Crew 2 people
Capacity 274,100 lb / 124,330 kg
Overall length 231 ft 10 in (70.66 m)
Wingspan 211 ft 5 in (64.44 m)
Wing area 5,650 sq ft (525 m2)
Aspect Ratio 7.91
Overall Height 63 ft 8 in (19.41 m)
Unit Load Devices + 2 LD1 + 30 pallets (96" × 125") on Main dec
Maximum Takeoff Weight 875,000 lb / 396,890 kg 910,000 lb / 412,775 kg
Operating Empty Weight GE: 360,900 lb / 163,700 kg
Fuel capacity 53,985 US gal / 204,350L
Cruise Mach 0.845 (498 kn; 922 km/h)
Airspeed Limit Mach 0.92 (542 kn; 1,004 km/h)
Takeoff field length 9,550 ft / 2,910 m
Range 2,825nmi / 5,230 km
Engines (x4) PW4000 / GE CF6 / RR RB211
Thrust 56,400–63,300 lbf (251–282 kN)

All the current operators for the Boeing 747-400F.

• ACG Air Cargo Global
  • ACT Airlines
  • Aerotrancargo
  • Air Atlanta Icelandic
  • Air China Cargo
  • Air France Cargo (Past)
  • AirBridgeCargo
  • Asiana Airlines
  • ASL Airlines Belgium
  • Astral Aviation
  • Atlas Air
  • Boeing
  • CAL Cargo Airlines
  • CargoLogicAir
  • Cargolux
  • Cargolux Italia
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Centurion Cargo (Past)
  • China Airlines
  • China Cargo Airlines
  • China Southern Airlines
  • Dubai Royal Air Wing
  • El Al
  • Emirates SkyCargo (Past)
  • EVA Air
  • Global SuperTanker Services
  • Kalitta Air
  • KLM
  • Korean Air
  • Magma Aviation
  • Martinair
  • National Airlines
  • Polar Air Cargo
  • Rubystar
  • Saudi Arabian Airlines
  • SF Airlines
  • Silk Way West Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines Cargo
  • Skygates Airlines
  • Sky Lease Cargo
  • Suparna Airlines
  • SW Italia
  • Uni-top Airlines
  • UPS Airlines
  • Western Global Airlines

Have in mind that some current operators have only one aircraft in its fleet. These are current operators in January 2019, credits to Wikipedia. Other Airlines such as Emirates SkyCargo, May have stopped operating the 747 before 2019.

Credits used for my topic:

Information: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-400
Icons: icons8.com.

BEFORE you comment, message to the moderators.

Yes, I have this in mind this is a duplicate. I will flag the previous topic for the following reasons: Firstly, no more than one image is allowed per feature topic. To add to that, the credits from each image has not been given. I have already messaged the moderator more than once, but never seem to respond. This thread will also be modified further. I have also included the aircraft specifications for an aircraft feature.👍

3 Likes

Wow nice request this is super detailed 😮

1 Like

you forgot my queen 😭image

2 Likes

I can include that… As stated above, this is a past livery that has retired before 2019. Just like the SkyCargo by Emirates.

Thanks for mentioning this. I will try and add the previous liveries into my thread. 👍

as much for me😅

so you have my votes! nice topic🤘

1 Like

I fully support the inclusion of this aircraft in the simulator. There are many liveries for this aircraft, which will give us a greater diversity of routes.

1 Like

Thanks for the votes everyone! I am such a fan of these aircrafts. Most importantly, the opening of the front Nose door is lit! 👍

1 Like

Great aircraft i am always a fan of cargo aircraft and i do think we could use some more so you’ve got my vote

1 Like

Please add the Centurion livery to the list please. Thank you.

1 Like

No problem 👍

1 Like

Every week we have arrivals with Kalitta Air from Maastricht and Istanbul in Shannon Airport, as a refuelling stop before crossing the Atlantic to Airports such as Chicago, Atlanta or New York. I would love to fly this route into my home airport as they are just big, magnificent airplanes.

Credits to David Morrissey, a well known spotter in Ireland and other parts of the UK, also known to Shannon Airport. I think he can be seen in Tumblr or if not, Facebook.

CAL cargo Israel airlines

1 Like

I’m extremely surprised this has not had more attention. I wish we had this!

2 Likes

Lovely paint job. This looks to be new since I have not heard of this previously. Lovely aircraft. This was also spotted in Liege where it departed to New York.

1 Like