Boeing 737 Rework

One thing I like about the 737 (NG in particular), is how it’s not an easy aircraft to land. Strange you may think, but I always like a challenge, and this aspect gives the 737 its own “personality”.

1 Like

True. With new engine sounds probably coming in the near future. I’d love to hear the hair dryer 737s.

2 Likes

Difficult to land?

(Not saying you’re wrong at all), but may I ask, how is it hard to land? 🙂

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155583
I’ve read from plenty of other random websites, but I think even just a few of these should be adequate. Note that this is not a jab at the 737, but I think its unwieldiness does give it a persona of its own.

Nice. It certainly is a nice aircraft to master on its own. I find it easy to fly on approach and even butter, but maybe that was after spending a lot of time on it.

1 Like

I only land a 737 well when I have a slap-bang perfect approach.

1 Like

I think what can make it hard to land is the fact that the 737 looses its ground effect much faster in the flare than the A320 family does. Therefore, if you flare too soon, the speed, lift, etc. drops of relatively quickly causing a more firm landing. At least that is what I have found when flying the 737 family vs the A320 family.

4 Likes

Agreed. It does take the perfect flare, lol

2 Likes

I am always flying the 737 so I am pretty good at flying it like on Landings so it’s a practice aircraft, that’s why I love it cause I need to fly it often to fly it good.

2 Likes

After the 757 and 767 reworks, this or the E-Jet family should be the next narrowbody.

4 Likes

I’d much rather the 737 to be truthfully honest. I see a lot more people fly the 737, and from the looks of it many are 737 fans too, so if this was reworked, this would take a shorter time because the physics and 3D modelling are pretty much up to standards, and would satisfy a larger portion of the community. I’d also like to add that the 737 having more range gives it flexibility for users.

4 Likes

757 rework would be GREAT!

2 Likes

updates on some liveries are necesary, copa airlines with Plitscimitars winglets

3 Likes

Ayy y’all, you should totally make a feature request for your favorite liveries :)

2 Likes

Very much needed, the engine sounds need reworked, the landing gear needs reworked, the cockpit, more liveries, and the textures.

2 Likes

But the default engine sound is the CFM56???

1 Like

Very interesting CFM56 then…

There’s a long old list of planes on IF that could do with a rework! The A350 is streets ahead.

3 Likes

One thing that isn’t really a big issue,but it has been picking on me, is the wing view.

In IF the wing view seems to be a bit too zoomed out than in real life:
images

And one more thing. I would appreciate it if the could have a more worn down look like this
images (1)
And the following is in IF

I know it looks a bit worn down, but you know what I mean… Thanks

4 Likes

Is it just me or Do the flaps themselves look off? The 737 should get a rework of the model itself as just recently we be been finding inaccuracies of the model, especially the wing.

3 Likes