Boeing 737 Rework

The wings, flaps and Spoilers should be worked on too because they are diffrent in real life

1 Like

Totally agree, the engines are a little “amorphous”

1 Like

to be honest about the latest rumors about the 737 “possible” rework, I think it was flown by @Tyler_Shelton and the others for a new trailer or tutorial. I still hope i’m wrong tho.

1 Like

If or when a first look video comes out, if a 737 just are landing like the a350 did I will be speak less.

3 Likes

really, this 737 cockpit is not good haha

1 Like

Just to be clear, the 737 did receive a soft rework at the end of 2018. From the announcement on 18.6, this was added:

• Autoland (APPR)
  • 30+ New Liveries
  • New Wheels
  • Wing flex
  • Split Scimitar Winglets
  • Ground Effect
  • Pilots
  • New Strobe Light Timings
  • APU Strobe

At this point, the only thing really missing from the 737 is an updated HD live cockpit. Whether that is something in development remains to be seen.

Article here:

2 Likes

I THINK it might be coming. In Infinites Flights post it said “772 Testing is fun” with a 772 and a 737 in the backround!

2 Likes

Well, some official IF videos may feature 20.1 features such as airport diagrams in The perfect ATC test. That’s why I speculated that it may be used for a tutorial or trailer.

Yeah I know that, the physics and stuff are all fine. The outside model just isn’t up to current standards. People who don’t know too much about the 737 (didn’t do a lot of research) won’t notice these things but people like me and many other in this thread will see that something is wrong immediately. You can find some of these problems here:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/boeing-737-rework/23648/2133?u=toon_veen

3 Likes

Well compared to the 757, for example, I’d argue that the model is up to medium-high quality. You are correct in that there are a couple of features missing and so forth. Please don’t assume I know little about the aircraft. I’ve actually been following all the rework threads from their start, and had already seen all those posts you linked. Those to me are minor details that don’t ruin the experience of flying the 737 (I’ve read that those landing lights, for example, were removed from some craft post 2015). You may feel differently about those details — that’s fine. Bottom line is, the 737 is definitely not the worst aircraft in the fleet, and given that it received attention fairly recently I think other aircraft will be first in line. The one thing I’ll definitely support is a new cockpit.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel the same.

Jets like the E-jets and 757 should definitely be first. A new cockpit added to the 737 would also be awesome. Just think it would be a waste to have a new cockpit without fixing the outside model. It’s the most popular aircraft on live, a proper rework would be awesome for thousands of people.

I think the fuselage is pretty much fine, if they just redo the wings and vertical stabiliser while adding the other mentioned features it would look great. This might also make it possible to keep te liveries without redoing them. No idea if this would be possible since they might use different systems for the newer aircraft.

5 Likes

I say this could be the big surprise. That’s probably why 20.1 is taking so long because they are probably testing both aircrafts.

For those that do think its coming for 20.1 atleast think of it this way one of the variants will come first fully reworked like with all the planes

All planes are Being tested because the need to be sure that nothing is broke.

1 Like

I don’t the split simitar winglets are necessary on EVERY model. In fact I actually prefer no winglets at all.

4 Likes

Oof a classic SunCountry or Southwest no winglets 737-700 is classic😍🙌

1 Like

No, the -700 is no older than the -800 and -900. Now the -200/-300 are classics. 😉

1 Like

I didnt mean it was a classic I mean that those liveries without winglets are classic 🤣

2 Likes

Ah. Okay, got it! 🤣👌

1 Like

Hahaha but your right even the classic 737 are a great addition

1 Like