Boeing 737-500

New simpleflying.com video about the last 737-500 routes in the USA 🥲😁

Photo Credits: Pierre Lacombe @ Planespotters.net

A CanJet.com Boeing 737-500 blasting out of a snowy Montréal in December 2005. CanJet is another lesser known airline that could be added with the addition of the 737-500 to the game…

Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia CanJet was founded in 1999 and began operations a year later, scheduled low cost services began in 2002 eventually building up a fleet of nine Boeing 737-500s and a single Boeing 737-300. But after many years of expansion CanJet suddenly announced the permanent suspension of scheduled services in 2006 and solely focused on charter operations, they then flew charter flights on behalf of different Canadian vacation groups for a couple years, retiring their 737-500s by 2008, the airline would eventually pick up a couple 737-800NGs but by late 2015 they suspended all operations and went out of business.

It was a short lived scheduled airline in the grand scheme of things and even some Canadians have probably never heard of it, nevertheless it is not entirely forgotten and I think it’s livery on the 737-500 if added to IF would be a welcome sight :)

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Canjet-Airlines

1 Like

Here’s an interesting one…

Photo Credits: Oliver J Semple @ Jetphotos.com

N737MT is a private Boeing 737-500, owned by the Montex Drilling Company, a Fort Worth, Texas based oil well drilling contractor who for some strange reason has made it very hard to find out about their company. I mean seriously, this is their website www.moncriefoil.com

Anyway, this 737-500 was first delivered to Maersk Air in August of 1998 where it flew for the Danish airline previously mentioned here until 2004 when it was transferred to Estonian Air, a airline that had had significant financial backing from Maersk in previous years, this lease deal ended not long after and the 737-500 was shipped off to Turkey where it flew for well known Turkish low cost carrier Pegasus until 2011 when it was leased to lesser known French airline Air Méditerranée. After a stint in France the jetliner was sent to Greece where it operated for Hermes Airlines until 2016 when it was retired and purchased by Montex Drilling Company, it was obviously repainted, which included a eye mask around the cockpit windows which I find silly looking on a Classic 737. It seems to not be in the air very often but then private plane coverage on FR24 is a lot spottier then tracking commercial jets so it’s entirely possible it frequents the airways, it was pictured in Aspen, Colorado on January 2 of this year so it still gets around…

I’m not exactly saying this livery should be added with the 737-500 into the game but I think it’s very interesting and shows the strange things older airplanes get up to towards the end of their life’s… :)

1 Like

Boeing 737-500.

1 Like

I will definitely vote for this one!

1 Like

Photo Credits: Demo - AirTeamImages @ Planespotters.net

An absolutely beautiful Luxair Boeing 737-5C9 on the ground in London around the beginning of 1994. 🇱🇺😍

The Boeing 737-5C9 is just the standard 737-500 with the Luxair Boeing costumer code applied to the end. All five of Luxair’s 737-500s were retired by 2001 and they would eventually find new owners. LX-LGP (Pictured above) would eventually find its way to Sudan where it would end its long career

1 Like

Source

Rainbow 737! Keeping the United 737 lineage in the 70’s!

2 Likes

Boeing 737-500

2 Likes

Air Do Boeing 737-500 at Sapporo Airport, Hokkaido, Japan. Posted on Twitter.

Sources

2 Likes

Definitely a beautiful livery 😍🔵🟡

1 Like

Quite a lot of 737s on IF "i think we need updates only.

1 Like

There’s only one generation in Infinite Flight, and there’s so much more to the 737 than the NG. I understand where you’re coming from, but at any rate, support for the MAX isn’t going to go away!

1 Like

Yes, it did. Thanks. I have two friends with her family who are from Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan. I always have many more friends than those who are from Japan or other cities than any student at Highline College last year earlier.

1 Like

ANA’s 737 Classic

Source

2 Likes

Thomsonfly Boeing 737-500 at Maastricht Airport, Netherlands. March 2004. Posted on Twitter.

Sources

3 Likes

USAir, precedent to US Airways, was one of the two largest operators of the 737 Classic.

Source

3 Likes

Amazing plane but -200 is better

1 Like