Boeing 727-100

I am rather suprised there isn’t a feature request for this…

The Boeing 727-100

A Bit About the Aircraft

The Boeing 727-100 is a commercial aircraft produced by Boeing. It is a short to medium haul aircraft capable of flying 2 250 nautical miles. Created with the input of many U.S. airlines, it was very clear it was going to have many units sold. Known for having 3 engines, and being nicknamed many names related to dinosaurs for it’s loud Pratt and Whitney JT8D, it became a staple in U.S regional flights.

A Grand Air 727-100 Parked.

Photo credit PlaneSpotters.net

Why I Want This in IF

This aircraft is not as common as it was before and I think it would be a great classic to have in the game, and it would bring some great liveries, and new flying opportunities to pilots all through Infinite Flight. I also think that because it has a short range, which is perfect for little hops in Europe and the U.S., and that it would pair perfectly with the DC-10 and other aircraft that could come to IF, it would make for some great Flash and Friday Night Flights. hint hint Misha hint hint

Specs

Credit to Wikipedia.

What Spec
Crew 3, Captain, Co-Pilot and Flight Engineer
1 Class Configuration 125 @ 34”
Exit Limit 131
Length 40.59m
Height 10.44m
Cabin Width 3.56m
Wingspan 32.92m
MTOW 169 000lbs
Fuel Capacity 7 680gal
Engines 3x PW JT8D
Thrust 14 000lbf
Range 2 250nm
Cruise Speed 495kn/Mach 0.86
Ceiling 36 100ft

Do You Want This?

Come on, Infinite Flight Community, and join me in vowing for this great aircraft to be added to IF! Put in a vote to show your support and comment on what you think!

Nice request! I’d love to see the 727 added!
Once I’ll have some votes, I’ll vote!
Thanks for the request!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for the support!

3 Likes

Pretty great request you got here! Although I hate the 727, I still voted.😉

5 Likes

Thank you for the vote Dylan! 😉

2 Likes

Dang! That bad boy flew at M.86?
Didn’t know that, pretty cool.

I will consider a vote

2 Likes

As a vintage airliner fan, it would really pleasant aircraft to fly. Feels like back to the Era when theres still many Tri-jet in operation :)

I would love to fly the 727 in IF. We have a lack of vintage airliners in this game, you have my vote!

3 Likes

@Pilot_urp
@ouzi
@Joseph_Krol
Thanks for the support, and votes!

5 Likes

Yep, definitely throwin up a vote for this one. I would absolutely love to see a PSA Airlines 727-100 come if this was added!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’m afraid I’m not up for this one, as it looks like it’s a pain to land, with only single gears, but it looks heavy, so while this looks cool, it’s a no from me due to landing😕

1 Like

Aww, it’s just the 737 with 3 engines…lol
That’s fine. Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Its a awesome aircraft, don’t get me wrong, You just don’t see a lot, if any these days, and when a new aircraft comes out, that’s all that people will fly. So if we have 20 727’s landing at KLAX and a Southwest Heart Livery holding short for takeoff, it feels very unrealistic. I would love to see this plane added, but maybe on its own server… totally not hinting at a retro aircraft server, cough, cough. Those of us who try to be as realistic as possible I think will agree with me. I do love this aircraft though, please do not misunderstand what I just said.

KLAX is always unrealistic :)
Thanks for the read!

3 Likes

Yes, The taste of Vintage aircraft is here :)

2 Likes

Just gonna bump this for all the peeps on the other side of the planet…

2 Likes

I love this idea just I do not know how to vote can someone teach me how to vote

Just click this big blue button at the top of the post

1 Like

Id love to see this in IF.Brings back memories

3 Likes