Boeing 717 Rework

Have flown on the 717 several times with Hawaiian. Simply the best aircraft I have ever flown on. Feels like a mini space ship. The current model in IF really doesn’t do it justice at all, hope to see it getting reworked with the md-80 added some day

1 Like

Yes Definitely and maybe some special liveries like the visit Tasmania livery
image (News.com.au)

3 Likes

If I never have to see a 717 again in my life I’d be ok😂, that being said it does need a massive overhaul in IF.

(Photo by yours truly)

7 Likes

Does anyone know why there’s a boot on the 717’s nose wheel 😂

(never mind me landing on said nose wheel 😂)

4 Likes

We need more votes for this!

This needs a rework more than the 757 in my opinion.

2 Likes

That looks like a wonderful landing!

But I think it’s there in the real aircraft too. I don’t know what it’s for, maybe a community member can help us out!

1 Like

While it’s flying? Mainly during takeoff and landing roll…

Yep, it’s there like attached to the nose gear

1 Like

Yeah, I see it in the Qantas one above. Seems weird, but there’s gotta be a reason.

1 Like

@Hopperbolic do you know anything about the thing on the nose wheel?

1 Like

@anon38496261 It’s a spray deflector. It’s designed to stop the spray of water from the wheels from flowing into the engines.

5 Likes

Ah, ok. In that case, it’s genius.

1 Like

Dang I was to slow to answer this but the above is correct. 🤣

3 Likes

Noice. Thanks for the help anyways 👍

2 Likes

So, if the water is supposed to not be in the engines, why do planes fly in rain?

It’s also because of small rocks

2 Likes

I actually like the eyebrow windows as it gives classic aircraft like this character. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Just wanna bump this topic. The 717 is so underutilized in IF that it is virtually nonexistent at this point. Now this may seem like a stretch but imagine this beauty with engine sounds like these:

4 Likes

I love the BR715’s sound! One of my favourite engines and really makes me respect the 717 that much more. I love its sort of “techy” sound until shifting to sound like an RR Tay

2 Likes

Honest opinion: BR715 is better than the GE-90 :)

1 Like