BOARDING stairs (tunnel/roof shape)

Frankfurt Am Main Airport with A321neo

4 Likes

Ugh, surprised no one talked about it before, THANKS !!

2 Likes

I was wondering that too since it has lot of ramp gates.

2 Likes

Yes indeed, I only park there on IF personnally because I like the view and stuff (when I flew IRL to FRA we parked there and I really liked it) ^^ ; knowing that these airstairs are present there is even more satisfying va and interesting considering the traffic at these gates and at this airport !

2 Likes

At Seoul Gimpo

4 Likes

I_AM_KOREAN_FOX
Thanks, that’s good to know ; I added it in the list !

Tokyo Narita also has it

1 Like

Cologne Bonn Airport

2 Likes

At Helsinki Airport:
IMG_9752-800x600
Source

1 Like

And because their E190 fly to Geneva !

Here’s a pic of your beloved A333 at Nagoya :)

Credits

5 Likes

Got my vote. Such Airstairs would be a nice add on ;)

3 Likes

Fun fact Nagoya has been my home airport for a year and Helsinki-Vantaa is my home airport atm. I don’t recall seeing this at either one but it would be a great addition as apparently there are some at both airports

3 Likes

Hey @anon36354988 ! I think we can find these airstairs at LFPO too :)

2 Likes

Oh wait I just noticed that Innsbruck (which got confirmed 3D) has the roof type AND the tunnel type:

There are A LOT of pics in which you can clearly see it with many airlines/aircrafts:

Airport list with tunnel airstairs (not the roof ones)

3 Likes

Let me see if I can get a vote for this… 😅 Lovely feature request.

2 Likes

After days of research, I finally found pics of it at Lisbon and Funchal (3D)

LIS

FNC :

Credits : flight-report.com

Many people fly to Funchal (LPMA), that object is needed there in order to be more realistic and interesting when parked there, it’s the same case at the empty current 3D Innsbruck…
Porto (3D) airport probably also has this and Faro too.

Just added Macau (3D) in the list thanks to that pic !

5 Likes

Ground handling companies are global in size. This is why, with a few exceptions, we find the same models everywhere. You have mentioned almost all of them and shown them, in particular the one adapted to wheelchairs, which we will find in the smallest airports (or just less equipped) which do not have trucks that can take people with reduced mobility on board.

Generally the low cost companies prefer not to use the passengerbridge in contact with the terminal, because the turnaround costs more in airport tax. Charter flights, flights too early or too late are also found “in remote stand” and therefore use these airstairs. Large Planes are also often assigned there, many international airports do not have the structure to embark and disembark passengers by jetway.

Your proposal has a lot of meaning and relevance to serve the realism of the game. You have my vote!

1 Like

That airline looks great! Btw air stair tunnels are needed!

1 Like

They look great! :)

1 Like

Talking about London Heathrow, the GVA<=>LHR route is the most used route in both airports (via FR24).

So I would like to recreate that flight and to have the right airstairs when parked

2 Likes

I was wondering if we get also Airstairs for PWD in the future?

Credit: https://www.alamy.com/an-easyjet-aircraft-airbus-a320-or-a319-flight-boarding-passengers-with-ground-support-equipment-mobile-bridge-ramp-at-london-gatwick-airport-uk-104-image241156095.html

3 Likes