BOARDING stairs (tunnel/roof shape)

It would be great to have this and other variations of the stairs, good topic!

1 Like

Beautiful pic Luca 🍊! We can see 2 slightly different tunnels airstairs, but I think they have mostly the right side one the most at that airport (the same that is on the picture in the first message [Swiss A220])

Btw the pic above made me think of your profile picture @georgewatson => two airstairs and easyJet ^^ (ok these airstairs are not the same but it would be cool to recreate it on IF tho, you know to recreate the energy with another type of airstairs).

London LHR also has it Airstairs ("tunnel"/roof shape) - #31 by LKA if you want to check it ;)
(just letting you know since you seem to like the airline and it’s about your home airport, welcome on the forum as well!)

For those wondering which airports use it (I wrote the ones that some people told me and the ones that I know, ofc it’s an unfinished list which requires more airports (any help is welcome). So it can be interesting if added and it would “complete” current 3D airports above.

And thanks for the + 50 votes and the views people!

2 Likes

In LSGG

5 Likes

This has my vote! :)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, there are 4 of them on that pic ! Obviously we can see 2 of them at the apron/remote gates 😉
And one of these near is next to the current stairs we have on IF !

2 Likes

Since animated bridges are confirmed, it was time for me to vote for this one

4 Likes

I agree it would look amazing with this animated and I’d love it. You have my vote for as long as it is needed

2 Likes

Also EDDG in Germany has some of those Airstairs

4 Likes

Would love to see it ! Voted.

2 Likes

I am currently in Vienna airport and I see one I’ll see if I can get a good shot

2 Likes

Especially for the CRJs

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll add it on the list, I also discovered that Toulouse airport has these (when i watched an easyJet A320neo delivery flight)

And Verona airport:

current list :

1 Like

I believe they’ve used them at FLN

They 100% use them at Turin too

2 Likes

The ones at verona are very similar to those in PVR and CUN although they are white

2 Likes

Yes, I just found pics of it at Florianópolis so it is indeed, thanks for sharing.

Last week I found some pics of these stairs with TAM (BRAZIL) but I don’t know where it is so… Maybe any IFAB/IFBR person could help to provide the airports they know in Brazil if able ^^

2 Likes

My home airport has primarily got these kind of things over the jet bridges

Would vote but I don’t have any open votes, so you have my support

2 Likes

An airport where I landed that has this type of ladder is Chapecó (SBCH)

2 Likes

Can you send these pics for us to try to identify?

1 Like

Here you are

5 Likes

@anon36354988 , you know me. Fan of a220. I live in the a220 city and I like this so, I didn’t vote 😂

2 Likes