BOARDING stairs (tunnel/roof shape)

Let me see if I can get a vote for this… 😅 Lovely feature request.

2 Likes

After days of research, I finally found pics of it at Lisbon and Funchal (3D)

LIS

FNC :

Credits : flight-report.com

Many people fly to Funchal (LPMA), that object is needed there in order to be more realistic and interesting when parked there, it’s the same case at the empty current 3D Innsbruck…
Porto (3D) airport probably also has this and Faro too.

Just added Macau (3D) in the list thanks to that pic !

5 Likes

Ground handling companies are global in size. This is why, with a few exceptions, we find the same models everywhere. You have mentioned almost all of them and shown them, in particular the one adapted to wheelchairs, which we will find in the smallest airports (or just less equipped) which do not have trucks that can take people with reduced mobility on board.

Generally the low cost companies prefer not to use the passengerbridge in contact with the terminal, because the turnaround costs more in airport tax. Charter flights, flights too early or too late are also found “in remote stand” and therefore use these airstairs. Large Planes are also often assigned there, many international airports do not have the structure to embark and disembark passengers by jetway.

Your proposal has a lot of meaning and relevance to serve the realism of the game. You have my vote!

1 Like

That airline looks great! Btw air stair tunnels are needed!

1 Like

They look great! :)

1 Like

Talking about London Heathrow, the GVA<=>LHR route is the most used route in both airports (via FR24).

So I would like to recreate that flight and to have the right airstairs when parked

2 Likes

I was wondering if we get also Airstairs for PWD in the future?

Credit: https://www.alamy.com/an-easyjet-aircraft-airbus-a320-or-a319-flight-boarding-passengers-with-ground-support-equipment-mobile-bridge-ramp-at-london-gatwick-airport-uk-104-image241156095.html

3 Likes

Russia’s president using the tunnel airstairs at Geneva, summer 2021.

This day was amazing btw, all the airplanes from Russia and USA

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, just had the thought of “how does Putin look nowadays” and here you come just in time. It’s so cool that all our society, all our technological progress had lead to this exact moment when Putin used the stairs but the stairs were under a sunshade. Fascinating photo, can’t wait for a photo of Biden using the stairs, after that I’ll be sold. But even so, definitely a must have, I’ll see if I can free a vote.

6 Likes

Just found on Internet that Istanbul (Ataturk), Munich, Krakow, Queenstown (New Zealand), Phnom Penh (Cambodia) also have it. So I just added them in the list !

It would truly be a good thing to add this at NZQN to be less empty imo it’s the same energy as LOWI.

2 Likes

Seattle / (SEA) and Punta Cana have exactly the same one!
The pic you shared is at London Gatwick :o according to the link

That’s an interesting shape, I wasn’t aware that they also were built with the roof, in Manchester we already have this one on IF but without the roof

2 Likes

I guess some airport have both roof and non- roof. 🤷‍♂️

Cepu Pacific are also using both roof and non-roof PWD ramp in some airports in the Philippines.

Example: Laguindingan Airport

img_4444

Edit:

AviRamp also have PWD ramp for Heavy and for A380. Picture taken in CYYZ

E9otO0lXIAIBb1I

Credit: AviRamp

2 Likes

Just found out that Abu Dhabi and Male (Maldives) airport have these airstairs.

So I added them in the list !
(Also found PDL, LGG, REP, ZAG, SVO as well)

The ones at AUH almost look like the FRA and LHR ones .

However, the Male ones (see below) look like the basic ones (I mean the same airstairs type which were posted the most here).

Credits

Airport ramps/apron need this on IF in current 3D airports and future 3D airports, so please vote or support if you agree!

4 Likes

❤️❤️ I’ll try to find some other airports

1 Like

Here is one from Hong Kong, since I have been on one there. Sorry for the low Quality

2 Likes

You already have it in the list, but I flew to FRA yesterday and Took a pic just for you ;)

2 Likes

Ok that seems nice! Gl to your ATC career!

2 Likes

Do we have already Airbus Factory in Toulouse & Boeing Everett Factory?

3 Likes

This element is just wonderful if added with the same concept of automation on jetbridges (connect and deploy)

2 Likes

Nice shots, thanks bro !

FRA ramps on IF with these >>>

1 Like