Blog Article: Infinite Flight Maps

Ever take a break from requesting things like the A350 or clouds and think, “hmmm, I wonder what goes into building maps in Infinite Flight?” Well, look no further than my interview with our developer, @ValXp. And before you scream, “TERRAIN!” just give this post a read through 😉

Enjoy!

150 Likes

Nice! Mhmmmmm

4 Likes

Oh my lord. Sexy. Good work Val 😍

7 Likes

We reached the point where this old map, with an old design that worked fine before Global, turned into a monster with many tentacles that was super inefficient.

What a quote. The map rework is something I’ve been looking forward to see the most for quite some time now. Thank you for the update Jason, and thank you for your work Val (and congratulations & all the best to you and your wife for your newest family member 😊)!

Yey!

16 Likes

Is it in game ??

2 Likes

No, it still appears to be a work in progress.

6 Likes

This would be cool to have

1 Like

Oohhhh! This looks cool!

1 Like

The article was a nice read, giving insightful information about the new map in the works. One of my favorite features I hope to see are the gates being visible, just like that SFO pic. Other than that it still seems like there is a decent amount of progress being made and I hope that this map is a game changer.

2 Likes

Very exllecent Val, your work are awesome. Cannot wait to see this come in the future.

1 Like

We thank you all for your recent work. Infinite Flight is growing and bringing a new era to mobile flight. The XCub, A350, Cessna 172, A320, A-10, global, ATC, advance maps, Servers that literally hold by the thousands…

2 Likes

Oh my good lord!

Now this was totally unexpected!

5 Likes

Fantastic article, Jason! Thanks for sharing the insight, and thanks to Val too. I’m greatly looking forward to the upcoming map!

4 Likes

Wonderful article!

I’m pretty sure @BigBert10 isn’t happy SFO is on the map… lol

9 Likes

Squeaky noises have come out!! I am super excited for this. I was not a fan of the old map but this new one seems awesome! Thanks IF for making my day!

3 Likes

Indeed I’m not 😡

9 Likes

Indeed where do my trip and spawn

Hit shall

1 Like

Awesome, btw will the FIR boundaries be added, and can the country line and states line be show/hide just like the airports, VOR things on map? Once again, thank you for the hard work! Looks great >_^

2 Likes

So many great updates and plans are coming!! It’s incredible, nice work and keep doing the work you do!!!

2 Likes

Thanks to @ValXp for his work on this! Can’t wait for the terrain to be reintroduced, but for now I am happy with the more detailed coastline and the knowledge that behind the scenes work is done so well!

1 Like