Blessed by the Weather Gods | CYYZ 14MAR21

Hello All!

Convinced by my fellow pro gamers in the top secret spotter society that 100% doesn’t exist, I find myself creating my first spotting topic on the IFC. Oh well, sharing is caring and given that Instagram simply cannot be bothered to show my photos to more people, I might as well.

Since this is my first topic, I’m going to start with a little introduction and some context. I’m a 16 yr old living in Ontario, and started aviation photography about three years ago. Currently, and for the foreseeable future, most of my content ends up on Instagram, although I won’t be posting regularly for the next month or so. I mainly spot at Toronto-Pearson, but once travel ramps up again, expect to see spotting topics from abroad as well :)
Another thing to note, I tend to have a difficult relationship with Pearson, usually some weather-related fiasco.
@AndrewWu gets me😖✊

On this fine Sunday, the weather gods blessed us with clear skies and 33 ops (about the rarity of reverse ops @KLAX) at the price of no LiveATC and 35KT gusts dropping temperatures to -10°C

Photos

First catch of the day was this DHL / Kalitta 767, outbound to KCVG after bringing in a shipment of COVID-19 vaccines. A minimal load and high winds meant this workhorse was up and away in less than 3,000 feet of runway.

I briefly left the airport to run some errands, and when I returned, my favourite golden tones were starting to show. They remind me of summer :)
Here’s a rather empty C-GOFW climbing past the apron tower for a much warmer Madrid. This aircraft is an ex-Singapore Airlines airframe, formerly 9V-SSA. It’s among the several second-hand A333s recently acquired by Air Canada as part of a fleet expansion program.

Here’s a much heavier B77W with the previous-generation “toothpaste” paint scheme, departing for Frankfurt

A semi closeup of C-GYRS folding in the gears for Vancouver

This capture was more or less unintentional. I was testing out my panning settings, and this DH8C rotated just early enough for me to squeeze off a few frames

This is one of my favourites, the stunning new Westjet paint on this MAX 8 touching down from Calgary

Ending off the day with this Turkish A359. It was my first time seeing it in person, and I think the paint looks pretty good on the European next-gen bird.

Gear

Canon 90D
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 IS STM
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM
GoPro Hero5 Black
Optex Trident Tripod

OLD / FORMER
Canon 760D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

Thanks for Stopping By!

60 Likes

Great shots! Of course I’ll have to like WestJet’s two best aircraft!

Robert has been blessed with sun 🌞

Robert is another person who was blessed by the sun

I really like the new Air Canada livery on the A330 hope we get it

Amazing shots. Now I just need to get back to spotting at YYZ.

Very cool shots @robert_xing!
The Panning shots are my favourite!

Beautiful editing, beautiful photos, and the beautiful cold and clear day are all coming together to make these some absolutely stunning photos.

Incredible job man! I love the DHL 777 and the Air Canada Dash-8 and A330. Amazing photos!

Beautiful shots!! Love spotting at Golden hour 😍

they definitely upped their game with the new design

i have

1 Like

yea it’s quite elusive, i’m pretty sure this is my first photo of it

The Westjet B38M looks beautiful with the lighting and background… nice shots, thanks for sharing!

dang robeet making topick

guud plen pictures, looking forward to more of your topics in the future!

thanks mike!

they’re stunning when they turn out sharp ;)

thanks cameron! my favourite time of day

1 Like

absolutely agree, next mission will be to catch it in calgary or vancouver with some mountains in the background😍

1 Like

ik is fascinating

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.